Issues! At the breaking point!

dogus1

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Okay, so I'm having all sorts of crashes in XP, specifically in 3d intense games, though simple games like CivIII will also crash, but it usually takes them a while. I've got lots of logged errors in the Event Viewer, but I don't understand them ...is anyone out there able to translate if I send them to you? I think it's either a heat issue or bad memory. The crashes always point to either the executable of the program or some random .dll that I know nothing of.

If it is bad memory, how do I test this -- all diagnostics I have say my memory is "fine." But I am getting rather sluggish desktop performance, specifically after I exit a game (I would think 256 DDR should not be eaten up so easily).

I have an AMD Athlon 2100+ on a Biostar VIA KTS400 with one 256 2700 DIMM. I have a GeForce 4 4200 128.

All Diagnostics and Device Manager show no real problems.

I am at a complete loss.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
too bad you don't have 2 sticks of RAM - thats how I usually test, one at a time. (BTW - with XP 256MB can be chewed up right quick).

Can you post some of the errors here? There are a few people who might be able to help.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>