Lycanthropic spells

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...

Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
6 answers Last reply
More about lycanthropic spells
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
    > to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
    > Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...
    >
    > Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?

    I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
    level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
    conversions and stuff.

    --
    Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    Ubiquitous wrote:
    > Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
    > to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
    > Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...
    >
    > Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?

    Use Bestow Curse. It says you can make your own curse as long as it's
    no more powerful that what's listed. I don't think lycanthropy is any
    worse that loosing 6 in an ability score perminantly. Lycanthropy is a
    described as a curse anyway.

    - Justisaur
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    Jeff Goslin wrote:
    > "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
    >>to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
    >>Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...
    >>
    >>Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?
    >

    > I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
    > level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
    > conversions and stuff.

    Curs of Lycanthropy (Necromancy, Alteration)
    6th level Wis

    Range: Touch
    Components: V, S, M (animal blood)
    Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 6
    Area of Effect: Creature touched
    Saving Throw: Negates (spells, if failure new save next full moon untill success)

    I guess thats what can be said about this 2nd edition spell without having
    WotC killing one.

    //Aho
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    In article <3gog1kFd5q48U1@individual.net>, user@example.net wrote:
    >Jeff Goslin wrote:
    >> "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

    >>>Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?
    >>
    >> I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
    >> level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
    >> conversions and stuff.
    >>

    >Curs of Lycanthropy (Necromancy, Alteration)
    >6th level Wis

    Thanks! Do you know from which book it came?

    ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    Ubiquitous wrote:
    > In article <3gog1kFd5q48U1@individual.net>, user@example.net wrote:
    >
    >>Jeff Goslin wrote:

    >>>I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
    >>>level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
    >>>conversions and stuff.
    >>>

    >>Curs of Lycanthropy (Necromancy, Alteration)
    >>6th level Wis
    >
    > Thanks! Do you know from which book it came?

    Monstrous Manual ISBN 1-56076-619-0

    //Aho
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

    In article <3h1tpaFesfs2U2@individual.net>, user@example.net wrote:
    >Ubiquitous wrote:

    >> Thanks! Do you know from which book it came?
    >
    >Monstrous Manual ISBN 1-56076-619-0

    Well, that explains why I couldn't find it.

    ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

Games Video Games Books