Lycanthropic spells

Last response: in Video Games
June 7, 2005 8:26:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...

Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.

More about : lycanthropic spells

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 11:29:58 AM

"Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
> to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
> Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...
>
> Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?

I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
conversions and stuff.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info
June 8, 2005 4:09:25 PM

Ubiquitous wrote:
> Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
> to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
> Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...
>
> Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?

Use Bestow Curse. It says you can make your own curse as long as it's
no more powerful that what's listed. I don't think lycanthropy is any
worse that loosing 6 in an ability score perminantly. Lycanthropy is a
described as a curse anyway.

- Justisaur
June 8, 2005 9:11:46 PM

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone remember seeing a D&D spell which caused the target
>>to have lycanthropy? I'm pretty sure there was one in the 2nd edition
>>Tome of Magic but I sold most of my old books after moving on to 3E...
>>
>>Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?
>

> I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
> level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
> conversions and stuff.

Curs of Lycanthropy (Necromancy, Alteration)
6th level Wis

Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (animal blood)
Duration: Special
Casting Time: 6
Area of Effect: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Negates (spells, if failure new save next full moon untill success)

I guess thats what can be said about this 2nd edition spell without having
WotC killing one.

//Aho
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:21:56 AM

In article <3gog1kFd5q48U1@individual.net>, user@example.net wrote:
>Jeff Goslin wrote:
>> "Ubiquitous" <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

>>>Is there a 3.x edition version of this spell about?
>>
>> I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
>> level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
>> conversions and stuff.
>>

>Curs of Lycanthropy (Necromancy, Alteration)
>6th level Wis

Thanks! Do you know from which book it came?

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 11:01:56 AM

Ubiquitous wrote:
> In article <3gog1kFd5q48U1@individual.net>, user@example.net wrote:
>
>>Jeff Goslin wrote:

>>>I know it's in the 2E monster manual under lycanthropes(I think it's a 6th
>>>level wizard spell, "curse of lycanthropy"), if you want to do some
>>>conversions and stuff.
>>>

>>Curs of Lycanthropy (Necromancy, Alteration)
>>6th level Wis
>
> Thanks! Do you know from which book it came?

Monstrous Manual ISBN 1-56076-619-0

//Aho
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 9:41:15 PM

In article <3h1tpaFesfs2U2@individual.net>, user@example.net wrote:
>Ubiquitous wrote:

>> Thanks! Do you know from which book it came?
>
>Monstrous Manual ISBN 1-56076-619-0

Well, that explains why I couldn't find it.

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
!