[DoomRL] YAVP, nearly nuked

DoomRL (v.0.9.8 (WIN-S)) roguelike post-mortem character dump

John Romero, level 7 soldier, defeated the Cyberdemon
on level 20 of the Phobos base.
He survived 126009 turns and scored 39267 points.

He killed 432 out of 439 hellspawn. (98%)
He held his right to remain violent.

He found the Phobos Arena.
He stormed the Chained Court.
He fought on Hell's Arena.
He witnessed the City of Skulls.
He faced The Wall.

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health 5/50 Experience 33107/7
ToHit +3 ToDmg Ranged +1 ToDmg Melee +1

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Tough as nails (Level 3)
Son of a bitch (Level 1)
Eagle Eye (Level 1)
Cateye (Level 2)

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor ] nothing
[ Weapon ] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [16/40]
[c] [ Boots ] protective boots [4/4] (62%)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] advanced rocket launcher (4d5) [0/1]
chaingun (1d6)x5 [50/50]
[c] 10mm ammo (x100)
[d] 10mm ammo (x100)
[e] power cell (x44)
[f] power cell (x50)
[g] power cell (x50)
[h] power cell (x50)

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

68 former humans
49 former human sergeants
30 former human captains
42 imps
38 demons
80 lost souls
39 cacodemons
10 barons of hell
1 Cyberdemon
21 hell knights
17 arachnotrons
6 former human commanders

-- History ---------------------------------------------------

He started his journey on the suface of Phobos.
(should be surface)
On level 2 he battled through a maze of rooms.
Afterwards he fought on Hell's Arena.
On level 3 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 4 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 5 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 6 he battled through a maze of rooms.
He then stormed the Chained Court.
On level 7 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 8 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 9 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 10 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 11 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 12 he battled through a maze of rooms.
Afterwards he witnessed the Wall.
On level 13 he found hellish caves.
On level 14 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 15 he found hellish caves.
Then he found the City of Skulls.
On level 16 he battled through a maze of rooms.
On level 17 he found a hellish city.
On level 18 he found hellish caves.
On level 19 he found a hellish city.
Then at last he found the Phobos Arena.
There finally he defeated the Cyberdemon.

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

Before him 42 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
39 of those were killed.
1 of those was killed by something unknown.
And 2 couldn't handle the stress and commited a stupid suicide.
(should be committed)

This is a great game. The first roguelike that I liked and that I ever
finished. Not too easy, but not impossible either.

Finally I defeated Cyberdemon when I met him the third time. I only had
12% of help and I thought I'd die so I activated the nuke. But then he
didn't shoot, so I shot him and he died. The nuke didn't go off and I
won. Is this the intended behavior?

I hugged the outer wall and stayed out of sight with eagle's eye. First
I shot things with the chain gun, later with the modified rocket
launcher. I was out of rockets when I met Cyberdemon. Luckily I had
lots of big med-packs.

I thought I'd die in the City of Skulls when I was surrounded, but I
remembered about the phase device, teleported out and shot them one by
one with the shotgun.

There should be more roguelikes like this one. Simple, but requires
tactical thinking and is just hard enough. Something you can play
through in one day.

The only annoying thing is reloading the combat shotgun after each
shot. Shouldn't that automatic? There's no explanation of different
modes like "aggressive, coward, cautious".

zorkzero@hotmail.com wrote:
> DoomRL (v.0.9.8 (WIN-S)) roguelike post-mortem character dump
>
> John Romero, level 7 soldier, defeated the Cyberdemon

ROFL :D

TRENDING THREADS