Athlon 10GHz

G

Guys

i have a strong hunch that we have something fishy going on in here.

These random posts of peoples crashes and then certain people follow up exactly oh it's your AMD processorm or a blown processor stories

I have a strong hunch that we have 1-3 people on here just causing these untrue posts
and anyhow if there computer just blew up
HOW THE HELL ARE THEY ONLINE

There has been some rumor that a certain person has another alias but i think thats true but also someone else is along with it..

think about it

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
only reason i am on line is because i have about 3 computers and a laptop so no prob about internet :wink:

besides i already got new parts for my gaming system (the one im on now): ASUS A7V133, TBird 900 (for now)

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It doesn't even have to be your computer... You can get on this board with a friend's computer, or even a public one for that matter, provided you remember you login password...

Really love your peaches wanna shake your tree.

G

I understand that fully
in fact i use my cousins pc to post as well

the point was...
it seems fishy

and i know something is up

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

I totally agree.

I think that since this whole Intel vs. AMD crap has been going on this forum has had more than a few members with more than one account.

I wouldn't be surprised if some members actually have conversations with themselves. "I Love Intel" "I love AMD"

Well the only person that would probably have a clue would be Fred cause he can see the host information as the member logs on and when the member posts a message. So he would be the one to ask.

Damn, it sure would be funny if fugger was also wusy, LordChaos and AMDMELTDOWN- LOL

As far as I can tell they all have something in common- ALL the posts I have read are pure 'Merde'.

G

I can lose ALL the computers in my house (about 4 computers) and still be able to go online... i can lose all the computers on my block and still go online,,, i can lose all the computers in my town and still go online, i can lose all the computers in the state and go online...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think your delusional, I have seen that the problems do exist, and I have built over a thousand computers over the last 3 years. BTW, I'm a refurbisher/upgrader/assembler, and I HAVE had bad experiences with VIA chipsets (that are particular to VIA chipsets only) in certain system configurations. In other configurations the same board worked fine. How do you explain to a customer that what he wants can't be done AFTER he has bought the parts? You end up paying for the parts yourself and hoping you can sell them to somebody else! I don't stock specialty parts!
BTW, I have also had problems with SIS chipsets.

Suicide is painless...........

G

BTW

your a crappy system builder

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Thanks. That makes 998 votes for and 2 votes against me! The other vote against me was a guy with an SIS chipset. Either 99.8% are idiots or it's just you, ever feel outnumbered?

G

What problems with Via do you have?
Yes there are some problems with them
but patches and bios updates more likely fix these

Im using via right now

no probs whatsoever

BTW SIS i did have a BIG problem with
performance wise

but what via issues do u have?

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
btw
you are winning the bigest dumb ass award right now.
p.s. you should not be hasseling people who actually know how to build a computer. while you only post CRAP and go around spreading filth.

mbaha

“Build your own you will love it more”

G

I build systems too

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I could not use more than 3 PCI devices on some of them without manually configuring resources. I could not get an Adaptec SCSI card and a 3com NIC to configure somultanously (I had to pull one, configure the other, and then install the second). I had driver problems with Detonator 2. All these were easy to fix-then-I could not install certainUSB scanners, I could not install certain SCSI scanners, I could not install some programs because they could not detect certain hardware, and some card installations that worked would latter fail. BSOD in certain games, when accessing certain large files, inability in some cases to get two different memory modules to work simultaneously at the speed of the slower module, unfixable instability with 98 First Edition (hey, I don't upgrade to second edition for free!), buffer underrun errors that did not occur on even older Intel chipset machines (due to stalls by the on-chip IDE controller), self-corrupting files, shut down errors, memory errors, incompatable drivers, inability to use anything from Diamond with Diamonds drivers (had to use the default drivers from chip manufacturers), IRQ sharing problems (inability to run a full system of cards), mouse errors, file curuption when using messaging services (ICQ, AOL, Microsoft), programs that caused file curruption without even being run (load a program, system crashes before it's even done configuring!), etc, etc, etc,

90% of problems fixable, but at extended service times, often requiring reload of OS.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
who cares, i only have 2 PCI slots available. 3 are taken up by my huge grahpics card heatsink.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ppl like you don't give a sh!t, business ppl care about things like data integrity, stability and reliability.

you don't care because all you do is battlezone.

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

G

that explains why my brother's via board wont acept some video cards and that its slow as hell. he got a 950MHz tbird

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have only built one VIA machine, my TBird 900 with an Abit KT7-RAID.

It did take me a full day of playing with different drivers to get the system stable. I know this would not have happened with an Intel chipset.

Even when stable, I had problems with the USB bus. It would accept one scan from my scanner, and quite working, requiring a reboot to scan one more picture.

This took another day to solve, and required moving the USB interrupt from 5 to 3. Perhaps the SB Live! conflicted somehow.

Anyway, I have 3 PCI cards, but have heard that having 4 or more can really cause havoc with the VIA chipset.

My biggest concern with owning an AMD TBird was the VIA chipset (not thermal protection). It took some work, but it is (for now) rock solid.

Guess I'll find out when I add a TV Tuner to the system.