[Crawl] Alt Gr key not working in patched version

I'm playing the latest Windows binary release of Darshan's
patch. I've noticed that commands that require using the
Alt Gr key don't work, such as \ for checking item knowledge
and @ for checking character status (using a Finnish keyboard
setting). All I get is 'unknown command'.

This is probably a bug? These commands used to work in
previous patch releases. I got around the problem by
assigning macros for these commands.

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) writes:

> I'm playing the latest Windows binary release of Darshan's
> patch. I've noticed that commands that require using the Alt Gr key
> don't work, such as \ for checking item knowledge and @ for checking
> character status (using a Finnish keyboard setting). All I get is
> 'unknown command'.

> This is probably a bug?

Definitely. I've been merrily reshuffling large chunks of the Windows
keyboard-handling code, but I was hoping that I'd ironed out the
wrinkles. If there are any other commands that have gone AWOL, please
let me know.

> These commands used to work in previous patch releases. I got around
> the problem by assigning macros for these commands.

I'm glad there's a workaround. I'll look into the problem as soon as
possible (but that's probably only next weekend).

--
Darshan Shaligram <scintilla@gmail.com> Deus vult

Darshan Shaligram wrote:
> jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) writes:
>
>> [Alt Gr key not working in latest patched Windows binary]
>
> I'm glad there's a workaround. I'll look into the problem as soon as
> possible (but that's probably only next weekend).

I hope I'm not too much OT here. With the new alpha I recognized the
keys for [Shift-Dir] for long walk don't work on numpad (Linux) and they
probably never worked before. I never checked this because I prefered
auto-explore instead. But now, w/o the travel patch (assuming it's not
compatible anymore. Surely too early right now, but I can't resist:
UNCLE DARSHAN!!???) I would be glad to be able using long walk at least.

Rubinstein
--
in dubio pro pecuniam et contra populum

Rubinstein wrote:
> Darshan Shaligram wrote:
>> jkuusist@cc.hut.fi (Jukka Kuusisto) writes:
>>
>>> [Alt Gr key not working in latest patched Windows binary]
>>
>> I'm glad there's a workaround. I'll look into the problem as soon as
>> possible (but that's probably only next weekend).
>
> I hope I'm not too much OT here. With the new alpha I recognized the
> keys for [Shift-Dir] for long walk don't work on numpad (Linux) and
> they probably never worked before.

Correction:
Forget it, I was wrong. Long walk works perfectly. But I found another
one: Before I had to switch numpad on, now it's also working with numpad
off! Only walking works with numpad off though, aiming doesn't ("what a
strange direction").

Rubinstein
--
in dubio pro pecuniam et contra populum