noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.amd.com/news/virtualpress/roadmap.html" target="_new">http://www.amd.com/news/virtualpress/roadmap.html</A>

Desktop Palomino delayed to 3rd quarter of this year. Palomino server and mobile availble 2nd quarter.

G

What about bus speed etc..
will it work in KT133?
or will we need KT133A?

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Interesting question, since these are 133mhz FSB chips underclocking them at 100 FSB for a KT133 chipset should be possible except one question is unanswered. Will you be able to unlock them? These are different chips from the Thunderbirds, updated core, lower voltages. Does anyone know if the bridges are the same and if they are unlockable or even if they are locked? So I cannot answer your question.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm starting to think that the begining of 2002 is the best time to upgrade. All the new stuff will be out, and the x-mas season will have just ended leaving us with all the left over stock to grab...either that or during the thanksgiving/x-mas season depending on what you want...

<font color=red>This is a forum, not a chat room. You aren't going to find a date here.</font color=red>

G

OH MAN! THAT SUX.. i thought it was gonna come out first half... >=( ... that messes up my whole............. ummm......... computer-building-buying schedule

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is never a good time to upgrade, just quit wasting time and go and spend your money. There's always going to be somthing out there that's worth drooling over, or is the next best thing.

<font color=red>Why is the third hand on the watch called a second hand?</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I know, but I'm not in a particular hurry right now since I go to school extra-full time and haven't been using my PC for much more than the net and email lately.

So I was looking at after summer...might just wait a couple months beyond that though and pick up the holiday deals...

<font color=red>Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.</font color=red>
Pablo Picasso