DM Corner: The City Beyond the Gate

Last response: in Video Games
June 16, 2005 8:05:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

I've been planning on running this adventure from Dragon in the
near future. Has anyone done anything to expand on this adventure,
or were there any pitfalls with it I should know about? Any tips,
tricks, conversions, expansions would be much appreciated!

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

More about : corner city gate

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 8:11:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.adnd,rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In article <PpudncZi491I3SzfRVn-sA@comcast.com>, weberm@polaris.net
wrote:

>I've been planning on running this adventure from Dragon in the
>near future. Has anyone done anything to expand on this adventure,
>or were there any pitfalls with it I should know about? Any tips,
>tricks, conversions, expansions would be much appreciated!

Read the letter page of one of the following Dragon magazines that
pointed out "City Beyond the Gate" was inspired by the London of an
obscure novel and not the actual London (of which the module's author
admitted to knowing little). Also, if you take away the guns from the
bobbies -- added by the author solely for challenge -- you're left with
an adventure that can barely challenge a party of mid-level PCs, the
scenario's initial island encounter aside.

This adventure simply begs for updating but needs something to spice it
up.
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 9:34:03 PM

In article <OT7L9H4C5R248GQV@2PR1F4YT7876>, Feedback@precon108.com wrote:
>In article <PpudncZi491I3SzfRVn-sA@comcast.com>, weberm@polaris.net
>wrote:

>>I've been planning on running this adventure from Dragon in the
>>near future. Has anyone done anything to expand on this adventure,
>>or were there any pitfalls with it I should know about? Any tips,
>>tricks, conversions, expansions would be much appreciated!
>
>Read the letter page of one of the following Dragon magazines that
>pointed out "City Beyond the Gate" was inspired by the London of an
>obscure novel and not the actual London (of which the module's author
>admitted to knowing little). Also, if you take away the guns from the
>bobbies -- added by the author solely for challenge -- you're left with
>an adventure that can barely challenge a party of mid-level PCs, the
>scenario's initial island encounter aside.
>
>This adventure simply begs for updating but needs something to spice it
>up.

Hint, HINT! To you Dungeon contributers out there...

ISLAM: Winning the hearts and minds of the world, one bomb at a time.
!