Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

sci-fi based r/l's?

Tags:
  • SCI
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 8:47:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Is anyone aware of any roguelikes with popular sci-fi themes?

Eg. Star Trek, Star Wars etc...

Thanks in advance,

Tigpup

More about : sci based

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 7:36:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

tigpup wrote:
> Is anyone aware of any roguelikes with popular sci-fi themes?
>
> Eg. Star Trek, Star Wars etc...

You might try DoomRL -- it's based on a popular sci-fi theme ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Due to Pascal's original purpose as a teaching language it forces one
to learn good habits - and those good habits stay with you, even when
you later migrate to a much more forgiving language." - Sherm Pendley
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 8:06:54 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

On 3 Aug 2005 04:47:10 -0700, tigpup wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any roguelikes with popular sci-fi themes?
>
> Eg. Star Trek, Star Wars etc...
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tigpup

GearHead is based on Mecha, or Giant Robot theme.

Janne Joensuu,
Endoperez
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 7, 2005 1:29:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:06:54 GMT, "J.M. Joensuu"
<spam_wanted_here@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 3 Aug 2005 04:47:10 -0700, tigpup wrote:
>
>> Is anyone aware of any roguelikes with popular sci-fi themes?
>>
>> Eg. Star Trek, Star Wars etc...

>GearHead is based on Mecha, or Giant Robot theme.

And there's Alphaman. It's old, but it is the only post-apocalyptic RL.
There's also GearHead's elder cousin DeadCold, although I can't say that
it fits any particularly popular sci-fi niche, it is a sci-fi setting.

--
R. Dan Henry
danhenry@inreach.com
Anonymous
August 8, 2005 11:01:07 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

BTW, fairly off-topic, but Im looking forward to GearHead 2!
Anonymous
August 9, 2005 6:34:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

R. Dan Henry wrote:
> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:06:54 GMT, "J.M. Joensuu"
> <spam_wanted_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>On 3 Aug 2005 04:47:10 -0700, tigpup wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Is anyone aware of any roguelikes with popular sci-fi themes?
>>>
>>>Eg. Star Trek, Star Wars etc...
>
>
>>GearHead is based on Mecha, or Giant Robot theme.
>
>
> And there's Alphaman. It's old, but it is the only post-apocalyptic RL.
> There's also GearHead's elder cousin DeadCold, although I can't say that
> it fits any particularly popular sci-fi niche, it is a sci-fi setting.

What about 3059... isn't it post-apocalyptic?
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game --
vapourware." -- Anathiel about GenRogue
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 3:18:07 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

"Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
news:D da7r2$shu$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> R. Dan Henry wrote:
>> On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:06:54 GMT, "J.M. Joensuu"
>> <spam_wanted_here@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>On 3 Aug 2005 04:47:10 -0700, tigpup wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Is anyone aware of any roguelikes with popular sci-fi themes?
>>>>
>>>>Eg. Star Trek, Star Wars etc...
>>
>>
>>>GearHead is based on Mecha, or Giant Robot theme.
>>
>>
>> And there's Alphaman. It's old, but it is the only post-apocalyptic
>> RL.
>> There's also GearHead's elder cousin DeadCold, although I can't say
>> that
>> it fits any particularly popular sci-fi niche, it is a sci-fi
>> setting.
>
> What about 3059... isn't it post-apocalyptic?

Yeah, it's also realtime and rather radical. Have you played it?

--
Glen
L:p yt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-
W:AF Q+++ AI++ GFX++ SFX-- RN++++ PO--- !Hp Re-- S+
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 3:18:08 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

Glen Wheeler wrote:
> "Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> news:D da7r2$shu$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
>>What about 3059... isn't it post-apocalyptic?
>
> Yeah, it's also realtime and rather radical. Have you played it?

No :-). ASCII signs in real-time don't appeal to me :-/
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
My Princess has returned to me...
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:13:55 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

On 8 Aug 2005 19:01:07 -0700, Wildhalcyon wrote:

> BTW, fairly off-topic, but Im looking forward to GearHead 2!

any word/news/links on GearHead2?
!