Please help ...

G

Tried to overclock my celeron I 533 system few days ago but failed to boot up my system after so. reset the bios of my system and able to get the system to work again. but the problem is the system is running very slow now.. it takes longer time to boot up windows and graphics turn to be very jerky when i play games. can some body help me? i am using MSI 6309 m/b and celeron I 533.
Thank you very much

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
YOU PICKED the wrong cpu to overclock. that is one of the hardest celerons to overclock....

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

G

so what should i do now? did i burn my processor? my m/b can still detect the processor when i boot up my system. but some how it just runs very slow.. can give me any suggestion?
thank you.

mousepotato

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2001
Don't think the chip is fried. I don't know why it is running slow, but I'd guess your bios settings are not right (maybe?). The first thing I'd do is look in "system properties" (right click on "My computer") for problems. Browse thru BIOS. Run SiSoft Sandra. Not necessarily in that order. Don't change anything unless you know what you are doing. I won't be much help, I don't know squat about your mobo (or computers in general, for that matter). But, you need to give a few more clues if you want someone to recognize your problem. Well, the fact that you reset BIOS is probably a big clue, but, I don't know what to tell you there.