1. What is your budget?
800 dollars max
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
nothing less than a 15 inch laptop. other than that, i dont care.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
15.6 inches, no less.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
as long as it can handle games, it doesnt matter to me.
5. How much battery life do you need?
in not that concerned with battery life, to be honest.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
GTA IV: Medium, or high.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
watching alot of movies, music listening as well as creating it too.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 320gb, but much more would be acceptable. 7200rpm if possible.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-A665D-S6091/15125415?findingMethod=rr
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD rom, at the very least
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
not really concerned or knowledgable in the area, i just pick which one seems like the best deal. although i hear that Intel integrated gpu's suck, so i generally avoided those during my search.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I can only shop and by at walmart, but im still open to any other suggestions.
Thanks, and sorry about the last thread i created.. i hope this one gets some replies D
The Clevo W150HN comes close to the $800 budget mark and has the new Sandy Bridge Quad-core processor. I'm not sure how well the 540M GPU will handle Bioshock or GTA 4, but I own the NP5135/B5130M (predecessor) and I love the laptop. One major downside is the speaker quality and placement, but external speakers sound great. Oh, and it lacks a backlit keyboard =/
Hmmm... Honestly I just wanna play gta 4... Can the one I posted handle it?
Here is Notebookcheck's benchmark results for GTA IV. It appears to be playable in low and medium, but high would be a little choppy. The benchmarks were performed with a Core i7QM system. I'm not sure how the AMD processor stacks up against that.
Note that the benchmark doesn't say what the resolution of the game was played at, though that particular laptop can come with a 1080p screen. So maybe you COULD play GTA IV at high settings at a lower resolution. Can anybody with a 5650 and GTA IV give us some numbers?