-Crawl- Fixed, ENJOYABLE 4.1.2a on its way

I recompiled from scratch, reread the log, fixed a makefile error (an
accidetnally left-in chmod towards the end of makefile.lnx) that I'd
originally passed over as ignorable, recompiled from scratch again, and
got a version that behaves vastly more normally and presumably is what
Brent intended.

Looks like I managed to turn off the evil bit.

IT'S PARTY TIME!

It's still hard (and will probably still need a slight tweak downward
of initial difficulty), but it's now just *reasonably* hard, except for
the traps bug of course.

WINDOWS PLAYERS, GET YOUR TESTING BOOTIES A'SHAKIN'!

It's been passed on to Will, who I hope will make an announcement when
it's actually online. I was lazy (and paranoid about Strip) and passed
it to him unstripped, so what's posted may be a 2 MB zip containing an
8 MB executable; sorry about that.

e.

Rubinstein wrote:
> Erik Piper wrote:
> > I recompiled from scratch, reread the log, fixed a makefile error (an
> > accidetnally left-in chmod towards the end of makefile.lnx)
>
> Huh?! I guess makefile.lnx was a typo, right?
> ^^^
> Rubinstein
> --
> money for nothing and your chicks for free

No typo! I worked from the linux makefile on the (late-winter 2005)
suggestion of Pekka Nurminen, and based on his instructions. That's why
a chmod even existed to accidentally leave in. ;-)

e.

Rubinstein wrote:
> Erik Piper wrote:
> > Rubinstein wrote:
> >>
> >> Huh?! I guess makefile.lnx was a typo, right?
> >
> > No typo! I worked from the linux makefile on the (late-winter 2005)
> > suggestion of Pekka Nurminen, and based on his instructions. That's
> > why a chmod even existed to accidentally leave in. ;-)
>
> Odd. I never compiled Crawl for Windows, just curious (if it's not too
> complicated to explain): what's wrong with makefile.dos?

Nothing, for example that's exactly what Darshan did when compiling in
Mingw. But I don't really know anything about anything, so .lnx had a
great advantage in that there was an archived guide to the conversion
by Pekka. :)

> "late-winter 2005"? But *that* was a typo, wasn't it? ;-)

February 2005 or whatever (can't recall exact month, maybe it was
already spring, maybe it was January) was in 2005 and it was winter,
right?

e.

Erik Piper wrote:
> I recompiled from scratch, reread the log, fixed a makefile error (an
> accidetnally left-in chmod towards the end of makefile.lnx)

Huh?! I guess makefile.lnx was a typo, right?
^^^
Rubinstein
--
in dubio pro pecuniam et contra populum

Erik Piper wrote:
> Rubinstein wrote:
>
>> "late-winter 2005"? But *that* was a typo, wasn't it? ;-)
>
> February 2005 or whatever (can't recall exact month, maybe it was
> already spring, maybe it was January) was in 2005 and it was winter,
> right?

Ah, now I see, LOL!
For me an expression like "winter 2005" is unambiguous and definitely
the saison _after_ the summer 2005. The way you use it every year has 2
winters! Personally I'd like it, but some people might find this rather
depressive... ;-)

>> Rubinstein
>> --
>> proximo satis pro administratio

Btw, if you alter my sig - you should quote the original at least.
Cause though it fits and even though I agree, I didn't say that! ;-)
--
Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur

"Erik Piper" <erik@sky.cz> wrote in message
>I recompiled from scratch, reread the log, fixed a makefile error (an
> accidetnally left-in chmod towards the end of makefile.lnx) that I'd
> originally passed over as ignorable, recompiled from scratch again,
> and
> got a version that behaves vastly more normally and presumably is what
> Brent intended.
>
> Looks like I managed to turn off the evil bit.
>
> IT'S PARTY TIME!

Thanks Eric. I'll play when it's up.

> [..]

I expect much postage :).

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

"Glen Wheeler" <gew75@uow.edu.au> wrote in message

> "Erik Piper" <erik@sky.cz> wrote in message
>>I recompiled from scratch, reread the log, fixed a makefile error (an
>> accidetnally left-in chmod towards the end of makefile.lnx) that I'd
>> originally passed over as ignorable, recompiled from scratch again,
>> and
>> got a version that behaves vastly more normally and presumably is
>> what
>> Brent intended.
>>
>> Looks like I managed to turn off the evil bit.
>>
>> IT'S PARTY TIME!
>>

> Thanks Eric. I'll play when it's up.

Argh! EriK!

Apologies...

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-