I cant Boot up Windows 7

TheRelayEffect

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hello, I can't boot up windows 7 it gives me a error message and says insert my installation disk. I dont have recovery partition enabled and it wont even boot in any safe mode. I also dont have any disk for it because it would not let me create one. I want to know if I can reformat the hard drive with nothing but windows on it, or if I can just recover to a time when it would work. BTW Last Known Good config doesnt work either and its an HP Pavillion G7 4 gb memory, 19 mhz processor

RealBeast

Titan
Download the same version of window 7 as is on your computer from DIGITAL RIVER and burn to a DVD, then start from the DVD and startup repair your current Windows 7 installation, or if that fails do a REPAIR INSTALL. A repair install will save your programs and data, it just requires you to do some Windows updates again. Use your product key off the sticker on your computer for activation if you need to do a new install or a repair installation.

edit: and no you if you re-format all data is gone from the drive.

TheRelayEffect

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Which one would I download

RealBeast

Titan
Whatever version of Windows you had on there, Ultimate, Pro or Home Premium and the same 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64) version, but in the SP1 update as all of those are on that page. Take a look at your product sticker for the version. My guess is that it comes with Home Premium x86, but I really don't know that, you will have to look up the specific G7 model specs online at HP to know if the sticker doesn't say.