john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.

Thanks
Jack

Start-----Help and Support----Pick a Task-----Keep your computer up-to-date
with Windows Update.

"John" <jack007@snowhill.net> wrote in message
> When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
> any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

"John" <jack007@snowhill.net> wrote in message
> When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
> any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

If you're talking about manually retrieving your Windows Updates, simply go
to "start" / "Windows Update" at the top of the start menu. If you wish to
verify your current version of WinXP, the go to "start" / "run" and type in
"winver" / "OK" with no quotes.

Stew

John wrote:

> When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
> any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Double click on control panel to open it and then look in the left
column of the screen should be a Windows Update there.

--
Danny Kile
Certified FCC, ISCET, A+

Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
Your cooperation is appreciated.

John wrote:
> When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
> any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Press the "START" button & then look under "All Programs" for "Windows
Update"!

NB if you are operating in Classic Mode then it is under the "Start" button!

HTH

Regards,
John

or just bring up IE and type:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:46:11 -0500, "John" <jack007@snowhill.net>
wrote:

>When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
>any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
>
>Thanks
>Jack

There's a new Windows Update just for XP now. Go here:
http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: