Windows Update

When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.

Thanks
Jack
6 answers Last reply
More about windows update

    Start-----Help and Support----Pick a Task-----Keep your computer up-to-date
    with Windows Update.

    "John" <jack007@snowhill.net> wrote in message
    > When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
    > any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    "John" <jack007@snowhill.net> wrote in message
    > When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
    > any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    If you're talking about manually retrieving your Windows Updates, simply go
    to "start" / "Windows Update" at the top of the start menu. If you wish to
    verify your current version of WinXP, the go to "start" / "run" and type in
    "winver" / "OK" with no quotes.

    Stew

    John wrote:

    > When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
    > any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    Double click on control panel to open it and then look in the left
    column of the screen should be a Windows Update there.

    --
    Danny Kile
    Certified FCC, ISCET, A+

    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
    Your cooperation is appreciated.

    John wrote:
    > When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
    > any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Jack

    Press the "START" button & then look under "All Programs" for "Windows
    Update"!

    NB if you are operating in Classic Mode then it is under the "Start" button!

    HTH

    Regards,
    John

    or just bring up IE and type:

    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:46:11 -0500, "John" <jack007@snowhill.net>
    wrote:

    >When I go to "My Computer Properties" there is no windows update tab,does
    >any one know where I can go to get this.I have Windows XP on a Dell 8300.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Jack

    There's a new Windows Update just for XP now. Go here:
    http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Dell Windows Update Computers