64bit constant lag & high latency despite re-install help needed

magicalex

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
About six months I bought a used HP 6450b Probook off a guy online as an emergency whilst my main one was in for repair. Despite having a good enough spec it tended to lag performance wise and over time the problem got worse and worse to the point where it became time consuming to perform simple tasks and simply not even worth trying to use Word or Excel (my main programs in need for working)

Left clicks would take three or four seconds to respond, right clicks not even worth trying as a delay of almost ten seconds wasnt unusual. Typing in Word became pointless as the lag made it impossible to type logical sentences and Excel would take three or four seconds to change cells and even longer before you could actually type anything in that cell. It was at its worse when using the internet both Mozilla and IE9 would lag really badly when navigating links or trying to type in the address bar or on screen etc.

Over the Christmas period Id had enough and after reading many similar complaints on various forums i decided to back up the laptop to an external drive and reinstall Windows - this did not solve the problem and I`d say if anything the situation is now WORSE!

So I have a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit fully updated to SP1 and at this time there are no more updates available. After the initial install I updated all drivers via HP`s software before running Windows update. The only programs I have installed are Malwarebytes Pro & CCleaner.

Tasks I have completed running include a Chkdsk, De-frag & a Startup Repair. I`ve also opened up a command prompt from the recovery partition and done fixboot on the off chance that it might help.

The weird thing is nothing I do makes any difference, if I open Sysconfig and do a clean boot I still get lag and even if i boot in to safe mode it still lags. Im starting to wonder if its a faulty hard drive but I cant find any updated drivers for it and when I run the two hour HP bios hardware test the drive passes with no issues.

I;m really out of my depth with Latency Mon and its results so I have pasted a copy of the Latency Monitor report along with screen shots below, if somebody could help me out Id really appreciate it.

Im aware from looking at the results that it could be a driver issue but Im not sure how to fix them and if i look in Device Manager i have no yellow triangle to suggest there are any issues with any components

Like i said any helps is appreciated as I am desperate to fix this problem asap

Thanks

LAPTOP SPECS
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP ProBook 6450b
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 68CDE Ver. F.23, 13/06/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.86 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.47 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.72 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.99 GB
Page File Space 3.86 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by ATI
Graphics Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon HD 540v
Device ID 9555
Vendor 1002

LATENCY MON RESULTS

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
CONCLUSION
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:23:17 (h:mm:ss) on all processors in the system.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: PANDAMONIUM
OS version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 (x64)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz
Logical processors: 2
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 3951 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 2394.0 MHz
Measured CPU speed: 1319.0 MHz (approx.)
Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED KERNEL TIMER LATENCIES
Highest measured kernel timer latency (µs): 10013.04990

MEASURED SMIs AND CPU STALLS
Highest measured SMI, IPI or CPU stall (µs) 3.849528

REPORTED DPCs
Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 9610.242272
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - NDIS 6.20 driver, Microsoft Corporation
Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.065559
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: rspLLL64.sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library, Resplendence Software Projects Sp.
Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.255819
DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1285609
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 97
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 1
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED ISRs
Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 159.730994
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: i8042prt.sys - i8042 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.146175
Driver with highest ISR total time: i8042prt.sys - i8042 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.240592
ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 1721850
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Process with highest pagefault count: none
Total number of hard pagefaults 3373
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 1159
Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 5861456.772348
Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 5.953781
Number of processes hit: 0

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 15.049148
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 159.730994
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 4.434003
CPU 0 ISR count: 1548697
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 9610.242272
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 4.840581
CPU 0 DPC count: 986408
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 7.151479
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 139.558897
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 2.290421
CPU 1 ISR count: 173153
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 3064.923977
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 2.309423
CPU 1 DPC count: 299301
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

LatMonMain_zps97c9e292.jpg

LatMonProc_zpsa84102fc.jpg

LatMonDrvs_zps7029f0a7.png

LatMonCPUs_zpsfdc90f03.jpg

magicalex

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
no i havent noticed any excessive activity on the drive but ill give it go - so far I havent touched any windows setting like that as again its a bit out of my comfort zone. ill see if it makes a difference. thanks

magicalex

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

yeah im 99% certain i did - i installed windows first then once it was all i used the HP software to install all drivers and im pretty sure that included chipset drivers

magicalex

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Nope that was the first thing i thought of and always keep coretemp running with a desktop widget and im not getting any high temps - even if i turn on the laptop after a day or two days of not using it i get immediate lag. its not a problem that gets worse gradually its an instant and noticeable problem even clicking on th start buttons means a five second wait for anything to happen!