-Crawl- Crusaders

So... What's a good race for crusaders, and what percentage of them
should I expect to have eaten by cockroaches before I can reach XL2?
illusion/kinetics controlling is love

In fact now I'm doing some halfling crusaders. Fair amount seem to
survive if they get lvl 2.

I had one, ha've got AWESOME boots - +1 boots (-Elec, -Cold, +SeeI).
This was shitty, he fought centaur near corner, killed him, moved on
his corpse and was blasted away by ANOTHER centaur :(( *Weeps bitterly*

This is joke anyway - I can't keep such characters alive really.

Martin Read wrote:
> So... What's a good race for crusaders,

High Elves are above-average at swordsmanship and enchantery, and fey
without being frail. A bit slow to advance, but that just means less
time spent wonking about at level 27 wishing a level or five extra
above that could be wished into existence. Well, there's the little
part about getting there, but don't worry, you'll have no trouble with
that at all!

Halfling Crusaders are perhaps not the most survivable of Crusaders,
but they *are* the coolest. The image of the little guys with the cool
friendly demeanors going totally apeshit at the drop of a hat always
brought me great pleasure when I played them. And they actually tend to
do alright once that awesome shortblades aptitude starts to shine,
which is pretty quick.

Orc Crusaders are very entertaining and powerful tanks once you
actually get them to the point where they can walk and chew gum (the
timing and management of the switch to heavy armour is very important).

> and what percentage of them
> should I expect to have eaten by cockroaches before I can reach XL2?

Somewhere between 50 and 67. The diversion of fighting skills to magery
skills really hurts. A smaller but still large portion will also fall
between XL2 and XL3.

Erik