2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13''-15''
3. What screen resolution do you want? Not sure, but not super important
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portability is important to me.
5. How much battery life do you need? No question, more than 4 hrs minimum, in a word processing environment.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? More or less no. Maybe the occasional TF2, but if I'm not mistaken, that game runs on anything.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watching Hulu/Netflix. Some photo stuff, emphasis on some
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? I can be convinced away from it, but I want an SSD. I don't mind small capacity (ie sub-80 gig)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? No optical
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I like Lenovo. Im not in love with HP. Either way, I care about construction quality, as I will use it on the move. (Ill be traveling with it a lot)
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Maybe a matte display since I'll be outdoors sometimes. Also, with the Sandybridge processors coming out, is this a bad time to buy? I will also be playing with Ubuntu on it, so I'd like it to be Ubuntu friendly.