-Crawl- Hydras n' Heads

Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2005 4:57:43 PM

What actually happens when a hydra grows more heads, besides it getting
more attacks per round?

My SpVM just roasted a four headed hydra until it turned tail. Spriggan
reflexes caused me to take chase and start slicing it up with my dagger
of slicing. The hydra continued to flee until I had managed to add 7
more heads at which point it decided to start fighting again. Not paying
attention it got me down to 12HP until I in turn started running and
roasted it to death from afar. What I'm wondering is whether growing
heads actually heals a hydra or if the additional heads caused it to
feel more confident in eating me.

JJ

More about : crawl hydras heads

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 4:57:44 PM

jjv wrote:

> What I'm wondering is whether growing heads actually heals a hydra

It does. It heals 8 + random2(8). I'm too dumb to figure out if that
means 8 plus 0-7 or 8 plus 1-8.

> or if the additional heads caused it to feel more confident in eating me.

Depends on if it "turned to fight" or not. If it "turned to fight", then
it started fighting again because you cornered it. If not, then yes,
it apparently healed back up past 25% health and switched back to attack
behaviour.

e.
!