I am looking to replace my Sony Vaio CR120 which recently had a HDD failure. I am looking at the ASUS G53JW right now. I am a full time student who games and does some music production and mixing. The problem with the Asus that I forsee is the weight and the battery life; Otherwise it is a perfect match. Any suggestions or guidence on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
1. What is your budget? $700-1400
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13''-15''
3. What screen resolution do you want? HD
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? A mix between the two
5. How much battery life do you need? 3 hours approx using MS Word on lowest settings; underclocking is possible to achieve this.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Starcraft on Extreme and Photoshop.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watching Hulu/Netflix. Photoshop, Blueray would be nice
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?320 gigs or higher. The G53 has dual HDD support so I can put a SSD in there for the OS.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years plus
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD rom or Blueray
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Forget about ACER. Stability and Quality is a must, name doesnt matter.
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. With the Sandybridge processors coming out, is this a bad time to buy? I will also be putting the laptop in a backpack so it will be knocked around a bit since sometimes I ride a KLX250sf to school.