-crawl- Demon of infinite void again: Is it a common probl..

Last response: in Video Games
August 25, 2005 7:17:00 PM

Is it a common problem?

==
You offer a prayer to Trog.
Trog is exalted by your worship.
The demon of the infinite void smiles at you.
==

So, exactly, WHY does it fail and how to fix that? Maybe but on some
patch to fix this issue?

I can't say this amuses me, having said that.
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 8:08:32 AM

Well, next two gifts were delivered sucessfully, one long sword of
speed which I dumped and other randart axe with poison and magic
resistance which I wield from time to time.

So, why does it happen at all, and how often?
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 10:23:20 AM

On 25 Aug 2005 15:17:00 -0700, "Ilyak" wrote:

>==
>You offer a prayer to Trog.
>Trog is exalted by your worship.
>The demon of the infinite void smiles at you.
>==
>
>So, exactly, WHY does it fail and how to fix that? Maybe but on some
>patch to fix this issue?
>
>I can't say this amuses me, having said that.

*hears the infinite demon burst in laughter*
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 3:28:11 PM

Ilyak wrote:
> Is it a common problem?
>
> ==
> You offer a prayer to Trog.
> Trog is exalted by your worship.
> The demon of the infinite void smiles at you.
> ==
>
> So, exactly, WHY does it fail and how to fix that? Maybe but on some
> patch to fix this issue?
>
> I can't say this amuses me, having said that.

Having played far too much Crawl and far too many Trog worshippers, I
have the sad duty of informing you that you've been IRL unlucky, nothing
more.

e.

--
"Well, we didn't understand what 'Free Bird' means, anyway. So we played
Sweet Home Alabama for those silly guys."

Ilyak wrote:
> Well, next two gifts were delivered sucessfully, one long sword of
> speed which I dumped and other randart axe with poison and magic
> resistance which I wield from time to time.
>
> So, why does it happen at all, and how often?

Wasn't it because the RNG tries to create an item that can't
[logically, physically, numerically] exist?

At least he smiles instead of sending some corporeal 1-type friends.
!