-crawl- Demon of infinite void again: Is it a common probl..

Is it a common problem?

==
You offer a prayer to Trog.
Trog is exalted by your worship.
The demon of the infinite void smiles at you.
==

So, exactly, WHY does it fail and how to fix that? Maybe but on some
patch to fix this issue?

I can't say this amuses me, having said that.
4 answers Last reply
More about crawl demon infinite void again common probl
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Well, next two gifts were delivered sucessfully, one long sword of
    speed which I dumped and other randart axe with poison and magic
    resistance which I wield from time to time.

    So, why does it happen at all, and how often?
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    On 25 Aug 2005 15:17:00 -0700, "Ilyak" wrote:

    >==
    >You offer a prayer to Trog.
    >Trog is exalted by your worship.
    >The demon of the infinite void smiles at you.
    >==
    >
    >So, exactly, WHY does it fail and how to fix that? Maybe but on some
    >patch to fix this issue?
    >
    >I can't say this amuses me, having said that.

    *hears the infinite demon burst in laughter*
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

    Ilyak wrote:
    > Is it a common problem?
    >
    > ==
    > You offer a prayer to Trog.
    > Trog is exalted by your worship.
    > The demon of the infinite void smiles at you.
    > ==
    >
    > So, exactly, WHY does it fail and how to fix that? Maybe but on some
    > patch to fix this issue?
    >
    > I can't say this amuses me, having said that.

    Having played far too much Crawl and far too many Trog worshippers, I
    have the sad duty of informing you that you've been IRL unlucky, nothing
    more.

    e.

    --
    "Well, we didn't understand what 'Free Bird' means, anyway. So we played
    Sweet Home Alabama for those silly guys."

    Ilyak wrote:
    > Well, next two gifts were delivered sucessfully, one long sword of
    > speed which I dumped and other randart axe with poison and magic
    > resistance which I wield from time to time.
    >
    > So, why does it happen at all, and how often?

    Wasn't it because the RNG tries to create an item that can't
    [logically, physically, numerically] exist?

    At least he smiles instead of sending some corporeal 1-type friends.

Games Video Games