Kernel-Event Tracing

JasonFowers

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hello all, :bounce:

With the help of many people here at Tom's Hardware I built the following awesome 3d rendering machine:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rrzj

It has been working fairly well, but today I have had my USB drives from my motherboard stop working 3 times while the ones on the tower front (which are of course also connected to the motherboard) have kept working.

I went to the event viewer and see a few things happening that don't look good. :pfff:

I have had Event ID #41 Kernel-Power go "Critical" 3 times in the last 7 days and I have had an Event ID #3 "error" called "Kernel-Event Tracing" happen 3 times today (so it must match-up?). Looking back into the history it looks like it's happened about 16 times since I built the machine at Christmas 2012 (less than a month ago) and it does seem like this USB turning off problem has happened every once in a while, so it could have been the same thing?

Anybody out there know what "Kernel-event tracing" is and how I can stop it from error-ing?

Please let me know if I need to cut and past something from event viewer for ya. Oh and how to do it if you need me too :)
Still a noob :heink:
Thanks again everyone!!!

Jason

JasonFowers

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Here' one of the logs and why I put this under this forum as a MS 7 problem:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing
Date: 1/12/2013 9:03:15 PM
Event ID: 3
Task Category: Session
Level: Error
Keywords: Session
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Studio51
Description:
Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />
<EventID>3</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>2</Task>
<Opcode>14</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-01-13T04:03:15.209610100Z" />
<EventRecordID>19</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="240" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>
<Computer>Studio51</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="SessionName">Microsoft Security Client OOBE</Data>
<Data Name="FileName">C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Security Client\Support\EppOobe.etl</Data>
<Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225485</Data>
<Data Name="LoggingMode">5</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

TRENDING THREADS