[crawl] I want my Mummy - YACD

Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2005 6:59:52 PM

This is the 3rd MuNe I've managed to get to the Temple. The other two
succumbed to hordes of living beings after getting separated from their
trusty zombie minions. I'd like some advice on keeping this one, erm,
undead.

I'm about to choose a deity. I know that the munchkin option is to choose
Sif Muna and cast spells til my fingers bleed, but I'm going to go with Kiki
for full-on necromantic RP goodness.

Remsleep

Dungeon Crawl 4.0.0b26x (+Imps, Draconians and Demons oh my!) character
file.

Welcome, Barstow the Mummy Necromancer.

.............._.

.................@........

.............._..........

.....................}...

Barstow the Grave Robber (Mummy)

(Level 8 Necromancer)

Play time: 01:38:26 Number of turns: 23361

Experience : 8/2601

Strength 10 Dexterity 14 Intelligence 13

Hit Points : 55 Magic Points : 12/19

AC : 5 Evasion : 11 Shield : 5

GP : 50

You are in the Ecumenical Temple.

You are not hungry.

Inventory:

Hand weapons

a - a +2,+2 dagger of venom (weapon)

b - a +2,+0 blowgun

f - an uncursed glowing short sword

o - an orcish short sword

w - an orcish club

y - an orcish hand axe

I - an orcish hammer

Missiles

d - 82 darts

q - 5 poisoned needles

Armour

h - a +0 leather armour

l - a +0 leather armour

m - a +0 pair of orcish boots (worn)

n - a +0 leather armour

x - a +2 orcish leather armour (worn)

A - a +0 leather armour

E - the +0 shield of Coqiciseqeweco (worn)

It protects you from cold. --/that's a big help

It lets you levitate.

It lets you sense your surroundings.

Magical devices

G - a wand of confusion (0)

Scrolls

s - 2 scrolls of detect curse

H - 3 scrolls of remove curse

Jewellery

e - a ring of ice

j - an amulet of warding

u - an amulet of conservation (around neck)

z - a ring of wizardry (right hand)

B - a +4 ring of dexterity (left hand)

J - a ring of protection from magic

Potions --/ is there a transformation spell that will let me use the good
ones? Or are they just a waste of space?

g - 4 slimy red potions

i - a lumpy clear potion

k - 4 bubbling inky potions

p - a murky white potion

r - 2 fuming green potions

t - an orange potion

v - 4 brown potions

C - a glowing green potion

D - a red potion

F - a bubbling green potion

K - an inky potion

Books

c - a book of Necromancy

You have 668 experience left.

Skills:

+ Level 2 Short Blades

+ Level 2 Darts

+ Level 4 Dodging

+ Level 4 Stealth

+ Level 5 Spellcasting

- Level 7 Necromancy

You have 4 spell levels left.

You know the following spells:

Your Spells Type Success Level

a - Pain Necromancy Great 1

b - Animate Skeleton Necromancy Great 1

c - Vampiric Draining Necromancy Great 3

d - Dispel Undead Necromancy Good 4

e - Animate Dead Necromancy Good 4

More about : crawl mummy yacd

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 5:13:05 AM

Remsleep wrote:

> Potions --/ is there a transformation spell that will let me use the good
> ones?

No.

Or are they just a waste of space?

Maybe.

You can milk mummykind for mummydeath-induced potion cursings. Trouble
is, by the time you can mummy dance, there isn't much left that's not
poison resistant, and plenty of stuff is miasma resistant too. That
only leaves Poison Flame or whatever it's called.

You can also try to get your potions cursed via one or perhaps more of
the Hells. Same deal.

You can also deliberately get miscasts a lot. This is the only
technique available in reasonable time. I forget which school's
miscasts rot potions though. And it sounds dangerous anyway. But if you
want I can look it up.

e.
!