Microsoft Shows Windows 7 Hardware Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cushgod

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Without a doubt we wont be finding that printer driver. Or when Ill need to download LAN driver because WIndows cant install mine!

crom

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
I never got why Microsoft didn't just create a large vendor database of drivers for Windows online. That way, to get the "certified for Windows" sticker on your product, you have to submit your drivers to MS, and then Windows can look online and voila, your new camera works.

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
So, people that are too stupid to just use a mouse can just poke the screen instead?
I hope they include detailed instructions on how to clean the finger prints and smudges from the screen for them!

crockdaddy

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
I finally just reloaded Vista Ultimate after a 9 month interlude (XP SP3 bliss) ... so far Ultimate with updated hardware drivers (minus my now useless Creative Platinum XFi) and SP1 seems to be working fine for me. I barely even notice the annoying UAC anymore. After playing 25 hours of Fall Out 3 so far so good.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I know the word "pimp" is intended to sound cool, but pimps are not cool. They are bad people. It's kind of like the slang use of the word "great person." Also pretty much not cool. I don't know why blacks use it, I would find it derogatory. If only blacks from 100 years ago heard them saying that they'd be rolling in the grave...it was a word made up by white men during the slave era. The biggest insult from the use of the word pimp is to women who are sold as sex slaves. Women everywhere should be appalled really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]I know the word "pimp" is intended to sound cool, but pimps are not cool. They are bad people. It's kind of like the slang use of the word "great person." Also pretty much not cool. I don't know why blacks use it, I would find it derogatory. If only blacks from 100 years ago heard them saying that they'd be rolling in the grave...it was a word made up by white men during the slave era. The biggest insult from the use of the word pimp is to women who are sold as sex slaves. Women everywhere should be appalled really.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pimp[/citation]
In a few years, “pimp” will replace “dude”, “guy” and “gentlemen” and “ho” for “girl”, “lady”, “ma'am”.

Status
Not open for further replies.