Slot A to Sockett T-Bird

G

Does anyone have any info on where to get a Slot-A too a Sockett T-Bird adaptor. I have a couple of Asus K7V-T slot A Athlon boards and would like to give the sockett t-bird a try. I'm sure I've seen them somewhere but just can't locate one. Any help would be appreciated, thanks, John

G

Thanks for your reply,I was under the impression that a slockett adaptor was in the works to convert the classic slot A KX133 chipset to the new sockett t-birds. The fact that the K7V-T board will run the Slot-A t-bird spurred my interest. If its possible to design such a adaptor it would be a gold mine for sure with all the classic athlons that are currently maxed out!!!

Mordy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I think they exist , or at least planned. I saw some link about them, but i dont remember where...

Beer! Good!
-James Hatefild

G

You are wrong. The AMD 750 chip set does support both socket A and slot A processors. If you have the AMD 750 chipset and can actualy find a slot socket converter you can use Tbirds and Durons.

May Fortune Favor The Foolish

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Where can I get one? I think they sell well since they are many people using the Slot A format.

-------------
This site is cool.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Socket A to Slot A converters DO NOT EXIST. The 750 chipset supports SLOT A Thunderbirds. There is no such thing as socket to slot converter for K7.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wrong Wrong Wrong again! Come on dude get your facts straight. The Asus k7v-T does in fact support the thunderbirds. And yes it has a kx133 chipset. although no socket adapter exist for the t-birds you can get them in the slot a format I know I have one. This is essentially the same thing.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!