YAFVP: Oozer the Sludge Elf Transmuter

First levels was beating confused monsters with bare hands, including
Ogre I killedon D:1 on xlvl 2, getting 3 levels instantly!
On D:~7 there was a few Jellies, which I had to take out with bow.
There I've managed to memorise Blade Hands, with 2 rings of wizardry I
was able to cast it, and the rest of game killed everything with this
little spell.
Except for Hydras, which I took out (with some difficultes) with Sticky
Flames I've picked around Lair, and ocassionally some Haste from
Okawaru.
Blink helped, and Controlled one helped even more. I've picked one near
Vaults:8.
Valuts was hard, V:8 was SCARY!, partially because I've not figured
everything out instantly.
EH:7 was very easy compared to Vaults, that said.
Later on I've picked Dragon Form, was able to cast it with buying
=oFire.
It was low on AC and Ev, 'cause of no weared randarts, but I used it
much - Slime Pits, Hell, Zot - these was played solely in Dragon Form.
Picked Tomb Of Dohowheis later, for some >:mad:<< reason it was
Conjurations not Transmigrations. Used it few times versus Curse Sculls
and in Abyss, where I did travel by myself, found this place somewhat
unhospitable.
Fire Hell was actually very easy. There was 1 or 2 tense moments, but
for most time I've just killed everything with 300hp highly fire immune
dragon. That said, I've finished maybe dozen of Fiends, few Balrogs,
pair of Green Deaths and a Cacodemon without any troubles - most
frequently from one or two hits.

On Zot:5 I really ruled everything that moved or else stood still.
There was a tense moment when I was without mana and dragon form has
ended, but I've hasted and blinked away (I already had Orb, just wanted
to clear out). Everyhting else fell where they stood.

Killer Clowns was pretty dull. I've managed to kill first on xlvl ~ 15,
well, beat it down to "Almost dead", then it blinked and shifted shape.
Same with Royal Jelly - killed one shapeshifted easily, killed real one
with even less troubles. Azure jellies still frightened my dragon self
a lot.

That's it! Waiting for comments politely.

Dungeon Crawl version 4.0.0 beta 26 character file.

Oozer the Boxer (Sludge Elf)
//Grand Master actually...

(Level 27 Transmuter)

Play time: 1 day, 04:36:09 Number of turns: 120410

Experience : 27/1405351
Strength 24 Dexterity 17 Intelligence 23
// Str = 14 actually.
Hit Points : 332/332 (336) Magic Points : 38/45
// HPs are ~210 actually
AC : 12 Evasion : 22 Shield : 0
// AC: 15, Ev: 30 without Form.
GP : 6205

You escaped.
You worship Okawaru.
Okawaru is exalted by your worship.
You are hungry.

You are a fearsome dragon!
//Aargh Aargh Aargh!!!

Inventory:
Hand weapons
a - the +3,+1 Elemental Staff (567 gold)
A black glyphic staff.
It protects the one who wields it against injury (+5 to AC).
It protects you from fire.
It protects you from cold.
It protects you from magic.
It makes noises.
This powerful staff used to belong to leader of the Guild of Five
Elements.
// + Poison?

b - the +6,+1 scimitar of Honesty (746 gold)
It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.
It lets you turn invisible.

k - the +0,+8 crossbow of Freedom (354 gold)
It affects your AC (+5).
It affects your intelligence (-2).
It enhances your eyesight.

n - the +7,+7 Sceptre of Asmodeus (1500 gold)
It carries some of the powers of the arch-fiend Asmodeus.
// Not that big deal.

Armour
c - the +1 helmet "Inyxy" (329 gold)
It affects your evasion (+5).
It protects you from cold.
d - the cursed +3 pair of gloves of Yketiqeluku (246 gold)
It affects your evasion (+5).
It has a curse placed upon it.
//Freaking mummies

f - a +1 cloak of poison resistance (97 gold)
h - a +2 robe of the Archmagi (263 gold)
t - the cursed +3 pair of boots of Anaesthesia (229 gold)
It partially protects you from negative energy.
It makes you much more stealthy.
It has a curse placed upon it.
//You know, I hate mummies.

u - a +0 wizard's hat of intelligence (100 gold)
x - a +6 robe of resistance (791 gold)
S - the +5 cloak of Death's Door (761 gold)
It affects your intelligence (+4).
It protects you from cold.
It greatly speeds your metabolism.

Magical devices
g - a wand of teleportation (8) (78 gold)
j - a wand of polymorph other (11) (177 gold)
l - a wand of lightning (7) (165 gold)
w - a wand of cold (4) (81 gold)
Comestibles
T - a banana (12 gold)
Scrolls
m - 4 scrolls of paper (4 gold)
v - 5 scrolls of enchant weapon I (240 gold)
V - 2 scrolls of identify (40 gold)
X - 2 scrolls of enchant weapon III (400 gold)
Y - 4 scrolls of enchant weapon II (220 gold)
Jewellery
e - a cursed amulet of clarity (140 gold)
r - a ring of sustenance (175 gold)
y - a ring of protection from cold (right hand) (210 gold)
C - an amulet of resist mutation (210 gold)
D - a cursed amulet of warding (140 gold)
G - an amulet of the gourmand (245 gold)
J - the ring "Bfrxtshchaaa" (504 gold)
This ring brings its wearer more in contact with the powers of fire.
He or
she gains resistance to heat and can use fire magic more
effectively, but
becomes more vulnerable to the effects of cold.

K - the amulet of Ebedyxtygol (around neck) (623 gold)
This amulet protects some of the possessions of its wearer from
outright
destruction, but not infallibly so.
It affects your evasion (+5).
It affects your strength (+1).
It insulates you from electricity.
It makes you much less stealthy.
It lets you blink.

Q - a +5 ring of intelligence (420 gold)
R - a ring of fire (434 gold)
W - a ring of teleport control (left hand) (294 gold)
Potions
i - a potion of strong poison (1 gold)
o - a potion of degeneration (1 gold)
p - 2 potions of decay (2 gold)
q - 8 potions of decay (8 gold)
//You know what did I thought of mummies, don't you? These was
!oMutation.

s - a potion of levitation (20 gold)
E - 5 potions of poison (5 gold)
M - a potion of berserk rage (30 gold)
N - a potion of restore abilities (50 gold)
P - a potion of slowing (1 gold)
Z - 3 potions of cure mutation (450 gold)
Books
I - a book of the Warp (900 gold)
Orbs of Power
U - the Orb of Zot (250000 gold)
//Duh!
Miscellaneous
z - an obsidian rune of Zot (10000 gold)
A - the horn of Geryon (5000 gold)
B - a slimy rune of Zot (10000 gold)
F - a silver rune of Zot (10000 gold)
H - a serpentine rune of Zot (10000 gold)
L - a decaying rune of Zot (10000 gold)
//Three basic, plus Slime Pits, plus Fire Hell.

You have 23 experience left.

Skills:
+ Level 17 Fighting
+ Level 4 Bows
- Level 1 Darts
+ Level 7 Throwing
+ Level 21 Dodging
+ Level 11 Stealth
- Level 4 Stabbing
* Level 27 Unarmed Combat
//How're fighting skills?

+ Level 16 Spellcasting
- Level 9 Conjurations
- Level 3 Necromancy
- Level 8 Translocations
- Level 18 Transmigration
- Level 6 Divinations
+ Level 15 Fire Magic
+ Level 8 Earth Magic
- Level 10 Invocations
+ Level 5 Evocations
//I should have had moved some transmigrations onto fire/earth, but it
was fun
//either way

You have 5 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells Type Success
Level
a - Fulsome Distillation Transmigration/NecromancyExcellent 1
b - Evaporate Fire/Transmigration Perfect 2
c - Blade Hands Transmigration Excellent 5
//These 3 was killer!

d - Detect Creatures Divination Excellent 2
e - Statue Form Earth/Transmigration Great 6
//Never used that one.

f - Detect Traps Divination Excellent 2
g - Blink Translocation Excellent 2
h - Sticky Flame Fire/Conjuration Excellent 4
i - Magic Mapping Earth/Divination Great 4
j - Dragon Form Fire/Transmigration Good 8
//Cool if some conditions are met. Just cool.

k - Dig Earth/Transmigration Excellent 4
l - Stoneskin Earth/Transmigration Excellent 2
m - Controlled Blink Translocation Great 4
n - Tomb of Doroklohe Earth/Conjuration Very Poor 7
//{Some obscene words}
//With Staff it's Fair or even Good.

Mutations & Other Weirdness
Your flesh is heat resistant.
You have a fast metabolism.
You occasionally forget where you are.
You are robust (+10 percent hp).
//Got bad two on Zot:5 and ascending.

How's my character? Transmuters Rule Really, how played are them,
please tell me?
And I'm glad like a boar, beating game for a first time!

In article <1125858246.234396.29050@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Ilyak <ilya.kasnacheev@gmail.com> wrote:
>That's it! Waiting for comments politely.

I don't have a lot to say in the way of detailed comments, but
congratulations!

-Andrew ()

Jukka Kuusisto писал(а):

> >Killer Clowns was pretty dull. I've managed to kill first on xlvl ~ 15,
> >well, beat it down to "Almost dead", then it blinked and shifted shape.
> This is annoying, especially for a melee fighter.
Somewhat.

> > j - a wand of polymorph other (11) (177 gold)
> Did you find some use for that in the late game?
No. By the way, does not it work on Mummies, does it? Did not check.

> > K - the amulet of Ebedyxtygol (around neck) (623 gold)
> > This amulet protects some of the possessions of its wearer from
> >outright
> > destruction, but not infallibly so.
> > It affects your evasion (+5).
> > It affects your strength (+1).
> > It insulates you from electricity.
> > It makes you much less stealthy.
> > It lets you blink.
> That's one of the best items I've seen, especially for a character that
> doesn't rely on stealth.
When you have controlled blink, 30 Ev and killing Fiends with one hit,
stealth is not a primary concern.
And I had stealth bonus from AFAIR boots to compensate.

> >How's my character?
> A winner. 'nuff said.
:)

> >Transmuters Rule Really, how played are them, please tell me?
> In some earlier versions, centaur transmuters were thought as one of
> the best combinations. I believe blade hands were even more efficient
> at that time.
And bug is fixed in travel patch version. Still can't deciede what
suits very heavy blade hit better - 'shred' or 'tear'.

> >And I'm glad like a boar, beating game for a first time!
> Congratulations!
Thanx.

Elethiomel писал(а):

> > On Zot:5 I really ruled everything that moved or else stood still.
> > There was a tense moment when I was without mana and dragon form has
> > ended, but I've hasted and blinked away (I already had Orb, just wanted
> > to clear out). Everyhting else fell where they stood.
> Cool. And I like your writing style! :)
Thanx. I just was amazed - being completely scared off Zot:5, found
that place just an experience farm. Really.

> > Oozer the Boxer (Sludge Elf)
> > //Grand Master actually...
> Interesting. The game switches titles as you switch stats?
Yes, it does. In Elf Form I was Grand Master.

> > b - the +6,+1 scimitar of Honesty (746 gold)
> > It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.
> > It lets you turn invisible.
> A weapon of Honesty that lets you turn invisible... Not very honest, is it?
Never used that - too low Evocations.
Just a slicing tool.

> > k - the +0,+8 crossbow of Freedom (354 gold)
> > It affects your AC (+5).
> > It affects your intelligence (-2).
> > It enhances your eyesight.
> The perfect Unseen Horror killer. Every character should have one.
Used it once for that task. Generally, I don't have real troubles with
unseen horrors, they behave like bats, so I behave creative and evil :)

> > Armour
> > c - the +1 helmet "Inyxy" (329 gold)
> > It affects your evasion (+5).
> > It protects you from cold.
> Now this is the only item my current character needs before descending
> into the 'cold' hells. Send it to "Milky"? (He's a conjurer though, so
> you might not want to.)
Why not? Some ranting aside, don't have anything against conjurers.
When you born in sludge and raised in sludge you've got to be tolerant.

> > d - the cursed +3 pair of gloves of Yketiqeluku (246 gold)
> > It affects your evasion (+5).
> > It has a curse placed upon it.
> > //Freaking mummies
> > t - the cursed +3 pair of boots of Anaesthesia (229 gold)
> > It partially protects you from negative energy.
> > It makes you much more stealthy.
> > It has a curse placed upon it.
> > //You know, I hate mummies.
> Yes, I hate mummies too.
And I did not have any reliable ways of conjuring friends, so I did not
took Tombs, I don't think I would've any problems besides curses.

By the way, can someone list curses avaliable from different mummies,
and rate their dangers? And/or any tactical hints?

> > S - the +5 cloak of Death's Door (761 gold)
> > It affects your intelligence (+4).
> > It protects you from cold.
> > It greatly speeds your metabolism.
> Ooh! This *and* the helmet would really make the cold hell a blast.
> Especially as I got 25+ meat rations stashed. Why didn't you don them
> and do the cold hell too? Or didn't you do enough damage in elf form?
I did, but this is my FVP, I did not want to die from some lameness,
and I could no longer play carefully, after such hammer assault on fire
hell.

> > K - the amulet of Ebedyxtygol (around neck) (623 gold)
> > This amulet protects some of the possessions of its wearer from
> > outright
> > destruction, but not infallibly so.
> > It affects your evasion (+5).
> > It affects your strength (+1).
> > It insulates you from electricity.
> > It makes you much less stealthy.
> > It lets you blink.
> With this, and the helmet, and the cloak, you would have evaded most
> hits in the cold hell, I'd think.
Might be. Might be.
Maybe next time I'll do a MfTm, I'll clean everything. But that time I
might not have such item luck :-/

> > p - 2 potions of decay (2 gold)
> > q - 8 potions of decay (8 gold)
> > //You know what did I thought of mummies, don't you? These was
> > !oMutation.
> Well, at least they weren't !oCureMutation
Heheh, Oozer not dumb Oozer stashes these.

> > Orbs of Power
> > U - the Orb of Zot (250000 gold)
> > //Duh!
> Congratulations!
Thanks!

> > + Level 16 Spellcasting
> > - Level 9 Conjurations
> > - Level 3 Necromancy
> > - Level 8 Translocations
> > - Level 18 Transmigration
> > - Level 6 Divinations
> > + Level 15 Fire Magic
> > + Level 8 Earth Magic
> > - Level 10 Invocations
> > + Level 5 Evocations
> > //I should have had moved some transmigrations onto fire/earth, but it
> > was fun
> > //either way
> Also, it let you reliably be a dragon!
Fire will also let me be a dragon, but since I did not use any other
Conjurations, I would not get much from such exchange.

> > Your Spells Type Success
> > Level
> > a - Fulsome Distillation Transmigration/NecromancyExcellent 1
> > b - Evaporate Fire/Transmigration Perfect 2
> > c - Blade Hands Transmigration Excellent 5
> > //These 3 was killer!
> I can imagine. I never managed to get a Transmuter off the ground, though.
You need level 2, and then you get very cheap mephitic cloud, and for
some nasty monsters you can find poison or even decay potions if you're
lucky.

> > How's my character? Transmuters Rule Really, how played are them,
> > please tell me?
> > And I'm glad like a boar, beating game for a first time!
> Congratulations again!
Thanx. Now I'm going to try something of:
Ogre Mage Conjurer, Kenku Summoner, HDwarf Hunter (Evoker).
Maybe another Elf Air Elementalist.

"Ilyak" <ilya.kasnacheev@gmail.com> writes:

>Killer Clowns was pretty dull. I've managed to kill first on xlvl ~ 15,
>well, beat it down to "Almost dead", then it blinked and shifted shape.

This is annoying, especially for a melee fighter.

> j - a wand of polymorph other (11) (177 gold)

Did you find some use for that in the late game?

> K - the amulet of Ebedyxtygol (around neck) (623 gold)
> This amulet protects some of the possessions of its wearer from
>outright
> destruction, but not infallibly so.
> It affects your evasion (+5).
> It affects your strength (+1).
> It insulates you from electricity.
> It makes you much less stealthy.
> It lets you blink.

That's one of the best items I've seen, especially for a character that
doesn't rely on stealth.

>//How're fighting skills?

Well, they seemed to be good enough to win :)

>How's my character?

A winner. 'nuff said.

>Transmuters Rule Really, how played are them, please tell me?

In some earlier versions, centaur transmuters were thought as one of
the best combinations. I believe blade hands were even more efficient
at that time.

>And I'm glad like a boar, beating game for a first time!

Congratulations!

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

Ilyak wrote:
<snip>
> Blink helped, and Controlled one helped even more. I've picked one near
> Vaults:8.
> Valuts was hard, V:8 was SCARY!, partially because I've not figured
> everything out instantly.

Yeah, V:8 is scary. And controlled blink helps tremendously there. I've
just been down there with my conjurer.

> On Zot:5 I really ruled everything that moved or else stood still.
> There was a tense moment when I was without mana and dragon form has
> ended, but I've hasted and blinked away (I already had Orb, just wanted
> to clear out). Everyhting else fell where they stood.

Cool. And I like your writing style! :)

> Oozer the Boxer (Sludge Elf)
> //Grand Master actually...

Interesting. The game switches titles as you switch stats?

> You are a fearsome dragon!
> //Aargh Aargh Aargh!!!

You hear a roar! (e'x'amine)
This is Oozer. He is out to get you. Oh no!

> b - the +6,+1 scimitar of Honesty (746 gold)
> It inflicts extra damage upon your enemies.
> It lets you turn invisible.

A weapon of Honesty that lets you turn invisible... Not very honest, is it?

> k - the +0,+8 crossbow of Freedom (354 gold)
> It affects your AC (+5).
> It affects your intelligence (-2).
> It enhances your eyesight.

The perfect Unseen Horror killer. Every character should have one.

> Armour
> c - the +1 helmet "Inyxy" (329 gold)
> It affects your evasion (+5).
> It protects you from cold.

Now this is the only item my current character needs before descending
into the 'cold' hells. Send it to "Milky"? (He's a conjurer though, so
you might not want to.)

> d - the cursed +3 pair of gloves of Yketiqeluku (246 gold)
> It affects your evasion (+5).
> It has a curse placed upon it.
> //Freaking mummies
>
> t - the cursed +3 pair of boots of Anaesthesia (229 gold)
> It partially protects you from negative energy.
> It makes you much more stealthy.
> It has a curse placed upon it.
> //You know, I hate mummies.

Yes, I hate mummies too.

> S - the +5 cloak of Death's Door (761 gold)
> It affects your intelligence (+4).
> It protects you from cold.
> It greatly speeds your metabolism.

Ooh! This *and* the helmet would really make the cold hell a blast.
Especially as I got 25+ meat rations stashed. Why didn't you don them
and do the cold hell too? Or didn't you do enough damage in elf form?

> K - the amulet of Ebedyxtygol (around neck) (623 gold)
> This amulet protects some of the possessions of its wearer from
> outright
> destruction, but not infallibly so.
> It affects your evasion (+5).
> It affects your strength (+1).
> It insulates you from electricity.
> It makes you much less stealthy.
> It lets you blink.

With this, and the helmet, and the cloak, you would have evaded most
hits in the cold hell, I'd think.

> p - 2 potions of decay (2 gold)
> q - 8 potions of decay (8 gold)
> //You know what did I thought of mummies, don't you? These was
> !oMutation.

Well, at least they weren't !oCureMutation

> Orbs of Power
> U - the Orb of Zot (250000 gold)
> //Duh!

Congratulations!

> Miscellaneous
> z - an obsidian rune of Zot (10000 gold)
> A - the horn of Geryon (5000 gold)
> B - a slimy rune of Zot (10000 gold)
> F - a silver rune of Zot (10000 gold)
> H - a serpentine rune of Zot (10000 gold)
> L - a decaying rune of Zot (10000 gold)
> //Three basic, plus Slime Pits, plus Fire Hell.

Good going!

> You have 23 experience left.
>
> Skills:
> + Level 17 Fighting
> + Level 4 Bows
> - Level 1 Darts
> + Level 7 Throwing
> + Level 21 Dodging
> + Level 11 Stealth
> - Level 4 Stabbing
> * Level 27 Unarmed Combat
> //How're fighting skills?

Good enough to win with. :) And much better than mine!

> + Level 16 Spellcasting
> - Level 9 Conjurations
> - Level 3 Necromancy
> - Level 8 Translocations
> - Level 18 Transmigration
> - Level 6 Divinations
> + Level 15 Fire Magic
> + Level 8 Earth Magic
> - Level 10 Invocations
> + Level 5 Evocations
> //I should have had moved some transmigrations onto fire/earth, but it
> was fun
> //either way

Also, it let you reliably be a dragon!

> Your Spells Type Success
> Level
> a - Fulsome Distillation Transmigration/NecromancyExcellent 1
> b - Evaporate Fire/Transmigration Perfect 2
> c - Blade Hands Transmigration Excellent 5
> //These 3 was killer!

I can imagine. I never managed to get a Transmuter off the ground, though.

> j - Dragon Form Fire/Transmigration Good 8
> //Cool if some conditions are met. Just cool.

:D Good going!

> n - Tomb of Doroklohe Earth/Conjuration Very Poor 7
> //{Some obscene words}
> //With Staff it's Fair or even Good.

Yes, I know I was very surprised when my conjurer picked up a book of
Earth and saw Tomb of Doroklohe being a Conjuration spell. I was sure it
was Transmutation, even without spoilers.

> How's my character? Transmuters Rule Really, how played are them,
> please tell me?
> And I'm glad like a boar, beating game for a first time!

Congratulations again!

"Ilyak" <ilya.kasnacheev@gmail.com> writes:

>Jukka Kuusisto:
>> > j - a wand of polymorph other (11) (177 gold)
>> Did you find some use for that in the late game?
>No. By the way, does not it work on Mummies, does it? Did not check.

Hmm. Got to try next time. Probably mummies have good magic resistance,
so it may be hard to succeed. But if there is even a small possibility,
it would be a good reason to carry one of these wands around.

-Jukka
--
Jukka Kuusisto

==
If a 'natural' monster (i.e. not demonic, undead, etc.) is hit and do
not resist, it is changed into another creature.
==
OOL with mummies.