Help repair windows xp boot on startup ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

she-devil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Pleeeeeze can someone help ????
I have a freedom notebook pc 3310-9310, and windows xp won't boot on start up. I had this problem b4 and paid quite alot for repair, I can't afford to pay out again and to honest ill end up paying more than what I bought it for !!!
I keep getting error message ...... ...

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt..... Windows\system32\config\system

It suggests to repair this by by using original windows set up disk !
My problem is this crap laptop does not have a disk drive !!!!

Please please help
Thanks 

It's actually a 'Netbook, not a notebook. Zoostorm Freedom netbook

Would you consider re-installing XP? You'll lose all your data and programs but you should regain the use of the Netbook again.

Power on the Netbook, keep tapping the F8 key and you should get an option to reinstall WinXP back to it's factory settings.

If there are files you must recover from the hard disk you can try removing the HDD out of the netbook and attaching it another computer. You might then be able to access the files that way.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
Also cant one format a USB key for booting and install the CD image on it and then try a repair? This is a guess on my part as I dont have that netbook - but we do this on other netbooks.

she-devil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

Thanks so much for your help, to be honest the only files I would really want to save are my pictures, I have the I phone 4 is it possible to connect this to the netbook and retrieve data ?
If not I have a old Advent pc xp here, driver and monitor works but !! monitor for a reason will no longer will connect to drive to view data !! :fou:
That pc is about 5 year old.
Would any of them be an option for me just to retrieve all my family pictures b4 I reset netbook settins ?
If so ( and I'm so sorry for been such an net blonde :whistle: ) how would I do this ?

Thanks sooo much for taking time out to help me with this as I'm sure these problems are simple boring solutions to you.
But a real big thanks

she-devil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011

Thanks for your reply, I have the windows xp disc from older pc, would that be suitable to use or should I get aore recent one ??
Thanks

she-devil

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Hi I found the xp disk for my freedom laptop and have copied it onto a USB stick, how do I now reset windows using that
Thanks

duochanfan

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

Hi

I've tried doing that on my netbook and it wont work, I dont get an option to reinstall. I dont know what else i can do, i got mine second hand and no disc or anything came with it. Can anyone help me?

Its a Zoostorm 3310-9310 running windows xp as well.

thanks Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS