Sign in with
Your question

Notification Icon Dissapearing! Never happened before!!!

Last response: in Windows 7
January 13, 2013 8:17:24 AM

URGENT! Another question arose!

I don't remember the exact date, but before, whenever I startup my laptop, I always have the Dolby notification icon in the bottom right.

But now, I don't know what I did, the notification icon never appears for Dolby. The settings for that icon is set to "Show" but whenever I click on it again, it says "This notification is currently not active." Eventhough, I'm pretty sure it's on.

I tried reinstalling, but I keep getting error messages once it's reinstalled. So I have to use System Restore, and this has been driving me nuts...and this keeps going in circles.

I think there is something wrong with the registry of this program.

When I go to the program location, I have a Dolby Profile Selector, Dolby Profile Editor, and Dolby Profile Launcher...I am so confused now, as I always had the Notification Icon available.

I can add Dolby to the Startup Folder, but when turning on the laptop, the entire Dolby profile pops up when Windows 7 boots, and that was not what happened before.

Now it's my OCD kicking in...can't sleeeepppp.....

URGENT

Thanks in advance !!!!!
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 10:21:10 AM

Make sure that Windows is not set to hide inactive notification icons.
("inactive" simply means it isn't currently doing anything - it doesn't mean it's turned off).

On Windows 7:
Right-click the Start button and choose "Properties".
Click the "Taskbar" tab.
Click "Customize"
Make sure this is ticked:
"Always show all icons and notifications on the taskbar"
Click 'OK' to save the changes.
m
l
March 24, 2014 2:54:20 PM

In your dolby home theater folder (mine is at C:\Program Files (x86)\Dolby Home Theater v4), there should be a file called pcee4.exe.
This is loads the little profile selector (the square one that shows up in the bottom right of your screen).
If you right-click that .exe file and select "Pin to Start", you can easily access pcee4.exe from your start menu.

You'll want to do do this since this will re-load the program and should bring both the little profile selector window to the bottom right of your screen as well as make the profile selector taskbar icon show up in your notification area.
Hope this helps (despite being a year late)!
m
l
!