Sign in with
Your question

Hi every body

Last response: in Windows 7
January 13, 2013 10:24:55 AM

Hello,
ihave windows 8 my lpatop is acer aspire E1-531, I am trying to install windows 7 but boot manager wont show me dvd boot !! it show me only network boot what can i do to be able to boot from dvd

More about : body

January 13, 2013 10:30:37 AM

from bios set dvd as first boot device, or use the boot selection menu (F8 usually, maybe F11) to select the dvd to boot from.
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 10:31:37 AM

Instead of shutting down your laptop as normal, try powering off by holding down the power switch for 5 seconds. Then when you power on look for the boot options at the bottom of the screen to see if more are available.
m
l
Related resources
January 13, 2013 10:32:37 AM

foxoz said:
Hello,
ihave windows 8 my lpatop is acer aspire E1-531, I am trying to install windows 7 but boot manager wont show me dvd boot !! it show me only network boot what can i do to be able to boot from dvd

change bios to make dvd drive boot first

windows 8
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 10:33:42 AM

abbadon_34 said:
from bios set dvd as first boot device, or use the boot selection menu (F8 usually, maybe F11) to select the dvd to boot from.

Windows 8 uses an abbreviated Hibernate to achieve fast boot, and the Function keys are not always available when you power on...
@ Servis Komputer - that means it's hard to get into BIOS!
m
l
January 13, 2013 10:43:40 AM

i did it all it still show me to boot from network only !!
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 11:00:38 AM

foxoz said:
i did it all it still show me to boot from network only !!

On your BIOS Main sceen, set F12 Boot Menu to 'Enable', then choose F10 to save changes. You should then see F12 on your screen when you power on.

Manual for your Laptop
http://www.manualowl.com/m/Acer%20Computers/Aspire-E1-5...
m
l
January 13, 2013 1:36:24 PM

i changed every thing but still did not appear i enabled every thing but still give me just network boot and another thing which is not dvd or usb
m
l
January 13, 2013 1:40:31 PM

when i press f12 it comes but what it does not coming to boot from dvd or usb it comes all the time to boot from netwrok and from hardware itself it show me that in
(Boot Manager )
1. windows Boot Manager < Hitachi HTS547575A9E384>
2. Network Boot - IPV4: B8-88-E3-C2-ED-BC
3. -Netowrk Boot-IPV6: B8-88-E3-C2-ED-BC
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 2:24:15 PM

foxoz said:
when i press f12 it comes but what it does not coming to boot from dvd or usb it comes all the time to boot from netwrok and from hardware itself it show me that in
(Boot Manager )
1. windows Boot Manager < Hitachi HTS547575A9E384>
2. Network Boot - IPV4: B8-88-E3-C2-ED-BC
3. -Netowrk Boot-IPV6: B8-88-E3-C2-ED-BC

What do you see in the Boot Page in BIOS? Should look like this:-

You should be able to move the CD/DVD to top of the list
m
l
January 13, 2013 2:28:31 PM

i swear i did it i made cd/dvd first and usb second but still does not show up some body told me to select an UEFI file as trusted for executing in the security beside boot but i can press it am not allowed to prees it at all icant get it anyway to get it please
m
l
January 13, 2013 2:31:52 PM

dodger46 said:
What do you see in the Boot Page in BIOS? Should look like this:-
http://i.imgur.com/77FyV.png

You should be able to move the CD/DVD to top of the list

i swear i did it i made cd/dvd first and usb second but still does not show up some body told me to select an UEFI file as trusted for executing in the security beside boot but i can press it am not allowed to prees it at all icant get it anyway to get it please
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 2:47:06 PM

foxoz said:

Can't find any reference to UEFI in the manual.
Try opening the Main Page in BIOS and change the SATA Mode to IDE instead of AHCI and see if that makes a difference
m
l
January 13, 2013 2:49:13 PM

i try it nothing happens also ,, but why i cant acces the select an UEFI file as trusted for executing in the security beside boot maybe if acces it and press it it well works any idea how to acces it !!
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 3:13:49 PM

Like I said, I can't find any reference to UEFI in the Acer Manual. And I cannot see any reason why your DVD Drive won't appear in the Boot sequence. Perhaps you'll get to like Win 8...
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 3:46:52 PM

I see there is an update to your BIOS which results in a UEFI instead of a BIOS, I'm trying to download a User Guide which might help in using it.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 3:49:26 PM

Hi :) 

You have GOT to turn off UEFI in the Bios...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 3:56:38 PM

Brett928S2 said:

You have GOT to turn off UEFI in the Bios...

Trouble is I don't know what version of Acer he has, it appears some ship with UEFI and others plain old BIOS. The Manual only gives reference to the BIOS pages, so can't see the page where UEFI is enabled/disabled...
m
l
a b * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 3:58:35 PM

dodger46 said:
Trouble is I don't know what version of Acer he has, it appears some ship with UEFI and others plain old BIOS. The Manual only gives reference to the BIOS pages, so can't see the page where UEFI is enabled/disabled...

He needs to post pics of ALL Bios pages...

m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 4:38:32 PM

Foxoz, can't find any reference to UEFI anywhere but in the BIOS downloads, so unable to advise you any further, unless you can post pictures of your BIOS/UEFI pages to show what you're trying to do...Seems you need to disable UEFI if you have it in order to boot normally. Others trying to install Ubuntu have downloaded earlier BIOS versions, can you post which version you have ? Downloads here
http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?mode...
m
l
January 14, 2013 7:35:13 AM

thats all the photo thanks for helping me
system bios version is : v2.02
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:13:07 AM

Think you need to disable UEFI at the top of your Boot page, and probably Secure Boot as well.
Highlight UEFI and press 'Enter', see if there is a 'Disable'
m
l
January 14, 2013 8:20:37 AM

ok the UEFI i change it to legacy bios but to disable it cant see where and secure boot i see it but icant acess it any key to press it to acces it !! its turnedoff cant do anything to it
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:23:13 AM

Legacy BIOS sounds good, do you see the CD/DV in the boot options now?
m
l
January 14, 2013 8:24:32 AM

look at the photo its all there
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 8:52:41 AM

I meant does it make any difference if you choose Legacy BIOS? Can you boot from CD/DVD?
m
l
January 14, 2013 8:58:08 AM

NO STILL cant boot from CD
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 9:04:04 AM

Need to disable the Secure Boot, that's what is causing the problem. On the Security Tab, can you disable Secure Boot?
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 9:09:24 AM

What options do you get under Secure Boot Mode? Perhaps erase all secure Boot settings will work...

If nothing works you will probably have to revert your BIOS to a non UEFI/Windows 8 version. Boot into Windows 8 and download the latest non UEFI BIOS ie 1.13
See http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/default.aspx?mode...
Choose 'Save As' and save to your desktop where you can find it.
Then you should be able to use the Win Flash faciity on P56 of your Manual
m
l
January 14, 2013 9:31:22 AM

yes but icant acces it
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 14, 2013 9:37:53 AM

foxoz said:
yes but icant acces it

A different BIOS it is then! Have to warn you that if BIOS flash goes wrong things could become tricky, but it looks as though it can be recovered. The details of flashing the BIOS are very blurred on the Manual, usually you are asked to browse to where you have the new BIOS (in your case the Desktop) is located. Make sure you are on AC power and not on Battery.
Actually it looks as though the Utility is contained in the File you download. Once on the Desktop you should be able to open it and launch the Winflash Utility
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 15, 2013 12:01:22 PM

Any progress?
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 17, 2013 5:46:14 AM

Let us know how you progressed, it could be useful for others with a similar problem in the future...
m
l
January 18, 2013 4:23:31 PM

You can't "update" to an older Bios version (just tried)... I have 2.04 and tried to downdate to 1.13... At least from Windows using Winflash app (that exe from site).
The posted problem is one of an unknown pile of problems. Mine is not booting from hdd after installing Windows (W7 Home premium licensed retail) but is ok with Linux.. In Bios menu, in the security tab, the hard drive is Frozen and the only available option is Administrator password...
If I choose UEFI BIOS, the ODD is blocked due to security settings (can't do anything about that), or (sometimes) i have no bootable device...
This is the biggest crap ever seen..
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
January 18, 2013 7:33:16 PM

cy4h3r said:
You can't "update" to an older Bios version (just tried)... I have 2.04 and tried to downdate to 1.13... At least from Windows using Winflash app (that exe from site).
The posted problem is one of an unknown pile of problems. Mine is not booting from hdd after installing Windows (W7 Home premium licensed retail) but is ok with Linux.. In Bios menu, in the security tab, the hard drive is Frozen and the only available option is Administrator password...
If I choose UEFI BIOS, the ODD is blocked due to security settings (can't do anything about that), or (sometimes) i have no bootable device...
This is the biggest crap ever seen..

Was yours supplied with Win 8?Just wondered if the UEFI works better with 8 than 7 ...
m
l
January 19, 2013 3:51:45 AM

Nope dodger46. Mine was without an operating system... I don't think so (tried W8 with the same results..) In Legacy Bios mode, i can install the OS but when finished i have those issues:
1. I have a boot menu where i have to choose to OS... Why? I don't know because i have only one OS installed and i did a complet hard drive wipe..
2. Randomly, the system stays locked in black screen with a blinking cursor on the left upper corner of the display or just enetrs the OS as it should be...

I think that there's a problem with the notebook or even that UEFI piece of nothing...
m
l
April 2, 2013 10:17:41 AM

Hi ppl
I have the exactly same problem that you have did you got any solution?
thx
m
l
April 8, 2013 12:35:09 AM

Hey guys hoping you can help me out here I too have an Acer Aspire E1-531. I've done a clean install of Windows 8 64bit. I'm running the BIOS version 1.13 . I want to upgrade to the new UEFI 2.04 but am unsuccessful so far. I get an error saying please update to the same type of BIOS (v 1.x) .Any solutions?
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
April 8, 2013 3:47:10 AM

Erin Viegas said:
Hey guys hoping you can help me out here I too have an Acer Aspire E1-531. I've done a clean install of Windows 8 64bit. I'm running the BIOS version 1.13 . I want to upgrade to the new UEFI 2.04 but am unsuccessful so far. I get an error saying please update to the same type of BIOS (v 1.x) .Any solutions?

This appears to be a problem with the UEFI which perhaps only Acer can solve. Best to start your own thread in Laptop Forum to see if anyone can help.
BIOS update procedures can be found in the manual

Laptop Forum
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-35.html

m
l
April 18, 2013 1:14:43 PM

You have to change UEFI to Legacy Bios, activate the boot select menu and then select dvd or usb hdd to make it happen. I did the above mentioned and worked very well for me. Acer Aspire E1-531.
m
l
April 20, 2013 1:51:18 AM

Hi all,
i have Acer Aspire E1-531 and the same problem.
I have create a W7 UEFI Bootable pendrive follow this guide: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootabl...
After, set legacy BIOS, and boot order with pendrive at 1° and HDD 2° (secure boot is disable)
But when power on and boot from pendrive, show me this message: NTLDR is missing.
Why?

Thanks and sorry if my english is poor.
Regards
Colluttorius
m
l
a c 381 * Windows 8
a b $ Windows 7
April 20, 2013 3:15:08 AM

colluttorius said:
Hi all,
i have Acer Aspire E1-531 and the same problem.
I have create a W7 UEFI Bootable pendrive follow this guide: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootabl...
After, set legacy BIOS, and boot order with pendrive at 1° and HDD 2° (secure boot is disable)
But when power on and boot from pendrive, show me this message: NTLDR is missing.
Why?

Thanks and sorry if my english is poor.
Regards
Colluttorius

Hi, and welcome to Tom's Hardware. Best to start your own thread in Laptop Forum where someone may have had the same problem.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-35.html
Under where it says 'Ask the Community' type 'Acer Aspire E1-531 Boot Problem' in the Message Title,
then type your query regarding NTDLR...or copy and paste what you already typed here.
m
l
June 11, 2013 2:08:20 AM

hi everyone, if you have windows 8 on system then pres start + f2 key together to go to bios, and then in main tab change satamode : ahci to ide mode, in boot tab boot option change legacy off (1st option), and then you will be able to boot you dvd drivw.
thanks
m
l
December 5, 2013 11:46:15 PM

foxoz said:
Hello,

this is a UEFI to LEGACY BIOS related problem and it took me half a day to fix it. So i decide to make a video for me to help others who have similar problem

What i want to do
downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7 Acer Aspire E1-531

Problem Encounter
1. Can not boot on DVD even I change the the boot order in cmos
2. Can not install windows 7 because of GPT partition style (need to convert to MBR)

Solution
pls click on this youtube link to fix the problem

http://youtu.be/Bknq6pSoZro

CLICK THE LINK ABOVE

m
l
June 27, 2014 4:16:35 PM

Stupid Acer : you have to turn off UEFI mode.
It will work.
Sad Story.
m
l
!