Sign in with
Your question

My brother mfc-j410w wont print black

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 23, 2012 1:42:53 PM

My brother mfc-j410w will not print in black but prints ok in color, have cleaned the heads x 2 with no improvement, any suggestions , also put in a new black cartridge & it's showing the black ink
Thanks

More about : brother mfc j410w wont print black

September 26, 2012 11:43:24 PM

How did you clean the heads? It sounds like the black head is still clogged, or you have a hardware failure and the printer needs to be professionally repaired or replaced.
m
l
September 29, 2012 7:11:17 AM

Brother Printers and Brother Printer ink cartridges are among the most important part of printing business today. Exceptional superior quality makes them stand apart in the market and hence making them most reputable and preferred ones. Brother printer ink cartridges outclass in both superiority and stability therefore they are highly recommended for official use in offices and businesses. However, you need to be very careful before choosing cartridge for your use. You need to take out time to find out a wide range of cartridges that are available and of upgraded and superior quality.
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2013 3:05:25 PM

[Did you ever fix your printer. I am having the same problem with my Brothers MFC-J410W.
m
l
January 16, 2014 10:48:35 AM

Dennisvaz said:
[Did you ever fix your printer. I am having the same problem with my Brothers MFC-J410W.

Trying to simply copy a manual page and its printing blank!! Black ink isn't working.

After not using my Brothers printer ( model # MFC-J410w ) for about 2 years! I'm now having this problem. It sat in the top of my closet with NO ink in it. I have brand new ink and installed them. It prints great in color. But NO BLACK prints. (This printer has a built in CLEAN system, you just hit clean and it runs through a cleaning program that cleans the heads) I have done this 4 times. I have tried 2 new cartridges of black and nothing has worked. This is a new computer so the driver was just downloaded from brothers.com. I am not trying to print from the computer. I am trying to COPY, using the scanner built into the printer, a manual (Black words White page). It is printing just a blank page. So the problem isn't with a driver or with my computer. There is something wrong with the printer. How do I fix.
m
l
January 16, 2014 2:23:58 PM

I'm probably going to take a hammer to this piece of crap. I called a Brothers repair person and it's $75.00 just for them to find out what's wrong with it. Then more for the repair and fix.
m
l
February 26, 2014 10:56:43 PM

i am having same issues w the MFC-6490CW..its all sound good..printing colors w no problems.. and the black ink level is reading full on the display (its brand new) really sucks... we all need a fix!
m
l
February 26, 2014 10:57:24 PM

Rocky_44 said:
Brother Printers and Brother Printer ink cartridges are among the most important part of printing business today. Exceptional superior quality makes them stand apart in the market and hence making them most reputable and preferred ones. Brother printer ink cartridges outclass in both superiority and stability therefore they are highly recommended for official use in offices and businesses. However, you need to be very careful before choosing cartridge for your use. You need to take out time to find out a wide range of cartridges that are available and of upgraded and superior quality.

m
l
February 26, 2014 10:57:52 PM

you must work for Brother...help us brothers out!!??
m
l
May 31, 2014 9:05:01 AM

This is a solution I read somewhere else. The individual took a can of compressed air with it's nozzle tube and removed his black cartridge, then placed the straw/tube against the intake stem that pulls ink from the cartridge. This blew out the blockage. There were several successful replies from others who tried it. Keep in mind that there will be some ink blow back. It's not a lot, but I did this outside and stood to the side of the printer. some drops did jettison onto my driveway. May not work for everyone.
m
l
September 4, 2014 12:54:00 PM

I have a brother MFC-J625DW and could not get the black ink to print well, I tried multiple print head cleanings, bought a new cartridge, reset the purge count and a few other things. Finally instead of buying a cleaning kit I went to the pharmacy and bought isopropyl alcohol and 1ml insulin syringes with the needles on the end, which didn't cost very much (around $10) and what I did was follow the video in the link:

http://www.printheadhospital.co.uk/brother-print-head-c...

just used isopropyl instead of buying cleaning solution, used the syringes to insert it into the printer and folded towel paper instead of blotting paper. I left it overnight with the paper towel to soak up any ink and ran a few print head cleanings the next morning and it works pretty well now, not perfect but much better than before. This can damage your printer or print head but if your only other option is to buy a new printer it's probably worth a try.
m
l
!