Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.announce,rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?)

A new version of GearHead-2 has just been released. Once again, I have
to note that the game is early in development but it may be interesting
if you want to see the direction it's going. You can download the
source, Windows ASCII version and ASCII graphical version from here:

http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.html

Changes since the last release announcement include:

- Added "Dungeon Museum" to Maquise Spinner
- Shopping menu now lists ammunition quantity (services.pp)
- Fixed training menu descriptions in SDL mode (pcaction.pp)
- Restored the DirKey function (targetui.pp)
- Reworked Part Browser (backpack.pp)
- Reworked FieldHQ main menu (pcaction.pp)
- Fixed movemode name bug in MechaDescription (description.pp)
- Reworked the services, backpack user interfaces
(backpack.pp,services.pp)
- Three new martial arts attributes have been added (effects.pp)
- GateCrasher talent makes terrain destruction more likely (effects.pp)
- Effect of attack won't be shown before attack completed (arenacfe.pp)
- Reworked effects.pp (effects.pp)
- Element creation instructions in NeverFail[n] SAtt (playwright.pp)
- Added SkillRoll function and skill roll log (ability.pp)
- Replaced DAMAGE_* history vars with DamageRec record (action.pp)
- Story context now includes difficulcy rating (playwright.pp)
- Scenes get default TERRAIN string attribute if not set (randmaps.pp)
- NPC mecha will be filtered for scene terrain
(arenaplay.pp,wmonster.pp)
- Added SUBZONE special tag (randmaps.pp)
- Encounters no longer use standard move modes (aibrain.pp)
- Encounter Metascenes take the terrain type of their entrance
(arenascript.pp)
- Fixed a bug in FindDeploymentSpot function (locale.pp)
- Weapons now indicate ammunition caliber (description.pp)
- Fixed bug in megalist generator (randmaps.pp)
- Modified random NPC skin colors (glmap.pp)
- When exiting to world map, appear near city entrance (arenascript.pp)
- NPC portraits now sorted by age, charm, combat ability (glinfo.pp)
- Added WorldID, ifSafeArea, GrabTeamName ASL commands (arenascript.pp)
- Navigate uses FindActualScene function (navigate.pp)
- Added world map exploration mode (arenaplay.pp)
- Worlds now get scene IDs (navigate.pp)

Try it out, and let me know what you think.

- Joseph Hewitt

Remake Titans of Steel in ascii pls.