G

I have an Athlon 1GHz with 266 FSB and would like to know what the proper running temperature is for this processor. I have a Tennmax Mega7 cooler on it with heatsink compound also.

Thanks in advance.

the Runnin Man<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by runnin_scared on 04/03/01 09:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

anywhere from 30-45 c is kinda normal

I have a 800 athlon
and mine is 38-44

40 mostly
but 50 is ok
but maybe try and get some better cooling in there if u are 50 or around that Celcius

-- They have found a way to harness the power of a thunderstorm and expell it with great force!--

G

Thanks guys. I'm running at 42 right now, so it looks like I'm in the right ballpark.

the Runnin Man

G

My new TBird 1.333 is running around 50 ... I think the cooler I bought sux and also used (I know ... I know ...) the standard compound that came with the CoolerMaster coolor. Question is ... can I change it safely now or am I up a creak.

Thanks.

DaArm

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sure you can change it... Just hold the heat sink very square when you push the clip down. Rocking it is the death blow chipping the corners of the chip!

Scout

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
I am useing the retail 1.33 and the HS/Fan that came with it. I am also running around 46-50 at Idle but even in my games I havent seen it more than 57. It is still safe according to AMD temp tables. I may buy another HS/Fan if I start to get instability. I also run my Crucial PC2100 at CAS 2 just fine hehe, and I said I wasn't going to do that.

"It Works!"