Razer Mamba Driver Issue

mirb

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
From searching the internet it looks like this is a common issue with the Razer Mamba mouse. I cannot update the firmware for the mouse for the life of me. It doesn't help that I waited this long to personally ask for help on the forum.

Guides on the internet describe I have to turn off Disable Driver Signature Verification at boot, plug the mouse in, and wait for Windows to fail at installing the driver for the mouse and from there manually install the drivers myself.

The problem is, in my case it doesn't do that. I keep Device Manager open when plugging the mouse in. Before it would look for drivers two "Razer Mamba's" show up on the list with the question mark symbol. Then, Windows supposedly finds drivers for these two and converts them to "USB Input Device."

If I were to uninstall those drivers and replug the mouse, then it wouldn't bother looking for drivers and immediately designate them USB Input Device. Now, I can plug it in into another USB slot, and it'll search for drivers again, but everything I've tried doesn't help it install the right drivers, and I've now exhausted ALL of my USB ports (and I have a ton,) so now I have no clue as what I'm suppose to do.

I did download and install the latest drives from Razer's site, it didn't help. The mouse still jumps the cursor a couple inches downward, and it still let's go of the assigned key mapped to the buttons despite me still holding them down.

Please someone help me!

CougarSaint

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Hi mirb,

I'm having exactly the same issue with the drivers and device manager but I have been able to update the firmware (see below). The standard USB input device drivers load and there is no mention of Razer at all.

Can you access the configurator? When I load this, I get "No Razer Mamba connected. Application will close now". I assume this is related to the drivers not loading correctly.

I have logged a case with Razer so we'll see what they come back with.

Regarding the firmware update, try the following:

Open the firmware update program
Connect the USB cable direct to the mouse, don't plug in yet
Hold the 2 mouse buttons and the wheel button in together and plug the mouse in
(helps if you have a 2nd mouse installed as the mamba will stop working)
Hold for 5 secs and then release. You should see the drivers load again as well as the bootloader
Click next on the firmware updater and it should now update
After the mouse firmware is updated, it will try and update the dock.
Remove the USB cable from the mouse and connect to the dock
Unplug the USB cable from the computer, hold the wifi button down and reconnect. hold form 5s and release. The same thing should happen as with the mouse.
Click next and the firmware should then upload to the dock

I've done all this but still can't get the configurator to recognise the mouse.

Cheers,
Nath.

awesomehandle99

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

Hello! having same issue, and its now march 2013... the guy at razer said he would have the big boy techies look into it, but he did mention something about an msconfig issue... i was thinking about trying to disable the win7 hot porting auto driver downloading and installing feature thingy... ALSO i have a partitioned OS on my SSD was wondering if this may be causing some sort of issue due to download locations...

If anyone has found a fix please let me know... i cant even get the 3 button deal to work during firmware updating... this is w/ the newest 2012 models... i think im just going to exchange it for some other stupid expensive and probably wont function properly mouse... =P

Hong Wu

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013

CougarSaint, you are an awesome, epic person! THANK YOU!!!

James Peters

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
I'm having somewhat the same issue. My mamba worked for a month. I recently installed Windows on my ssd, now I plug the mama in and it says general usb device ready. Nothing happens! My Anasai keyboard does not work either. I have synapse 2.0 it says no razer device connected? Oh and I cannot go wireless as my dog ate half of my dock.......

G

THANK YOU !!!

holy crap Razer can't do software to save their A$$es

i had a pain in the A$$ problem of the mouse being on Firmware 1.07, yet the dock was on 1.00 !?

i could only use the mouse with the USB cable plugged directly into it. i could not get the dock to update the firmware, it always stuck at the bootloader access, and never even went past 0%.

these steps worked perfectly.

thank you again !

Astrix_au

Honorable
May 4, 2014

Thanks that was it it just needs admin rights, thank you mate.

I am tured of Synapse constantly changing my sensitivity to a crawl while changing profiles with the recent update July / August 2015 and other past issues.

I just got it to launch in windows 10, now to set it up and I'm hopping the bug isn't here as well.

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010

Just in case you have further problems. All you need it the mamba's driver. I uninstalled synapse and it works fine, change dpi and everything else I have setup works perfectly. Synapse is official garbage.