Global Win Cpu Cooler

Qacer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey guys/gals,

I just got a Global Win Socket A cooler (WBK38 ... FOP38) and an ASUS A7v133 mobo. I have tried installing the cooler on top of the CPU, but it seems that it requires more force than usual putting the holders in place. Is this normal? Should I adjust the cooler holders to straighten them out a bit?

thanks..

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--

jerry557

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2001
There has been several problems with the FOP38 and the ASUS boards with how much force is required. Generally; AMD says the CPU can withstand up to 24 pounds of force if the weight is distributed evenly.

You may be like me and be extreamely nervous about how much weight you are pushing on it. If you are; you can staighten the clip out a little so it eases the pressure. But do not make the HSF too loose or it may vibrate against the CPU or fall off after a period of time. It should seat firmly on the chip without overpressure and it shoud not be loose enough to move.

Qacer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey thanks for the tip..

I was looking at the CPU box and found out Global Win's website. Luckily, they had the instructions up. I just needed a little coaxing to push the holder down a bit more.. hehe.. :) did I mention that my hands were shaking?

--sign here--
"I used Thevenin to simplify my motherboard's circuits."
--by me--