Sign in with
Your question

HP D1660 printer - Cartridge compatibility

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 25, 2012 2:26:04 AM

Hi all,
I have a HP D1660 printer. The printer is came from Singapore or Malaysia(I am from sri lanka).
The printer came with these introductory cartridges:-
CC642W HP 60(Color)
CC639W HP60(Black)

Recently i bought this cartridge from ebay(Not arrived yet):-
CC641WN BLACK Printer Ink Cartridge for HP 60XL 60 XL
LINK

The seller has told that:-
Friendly reminder :This ink cartridge is compatible for the HP printer which is bought from Canada, United States, Australia and Hong Kong only

But when i visit to online "hp order cartridge page", and selected Singapore or Malaysia as the country, and selected the d1660, it show me CC641WA (NOT"WN")HP60 BLACK as the compatible cartridge to buy.

Will this cartridge works on my printer?
Whats the meaning of CC641XX? is this a sign to find weather it compatible?

Thanks all
October 1, 2012 12:18:13 PM

While the cartridge may use ink that is not of a sufficient quality, there is also a possibility that low grade cartridges will actually cause serious damage to the printer itself. This is because, though compatible cartridges are designed to be interchangeable, they may fail to properly fit either electronically or physically, and the printer can suffer the consequences. Also, depending on which country one is in, the printer warranty may be void in the case of damage caused by unbranded cartridges.
m
l
October 2, 2012 9:19:31 PM

I don't understand this:

"Friendly reminder :This ink cartridge is compatible for the HP printer which is bought from Canada, United States, Australia and Hong Kong only
"

What's the difference if your printer is from other country?
m
l
!