willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
On a more serious note, I wonder what he thought this was communicating, or if posting the thread at all was accidental? Seeing so many of these posts that are literally devoid of any information at all couldn't be because people think we can somehow help them when they don't tell us a single goddamn thing.

Might be time to address the root cause of this issue, Tom's. But then again, this would necessary reduce traffic, and thus ad revenue, so I'm sure upper management would prevent any action on this.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished

Lol like those posts that only say "I need new computer, thanks" or "Help, my computer stopped working this morning.".

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

While those are fun too, I was specifically talking about the people who don't even modify the post from the "Hello," that Tom's puts in there automatically, and who choose baffling thread titles. You'd need to be severely mentally handicapped to think that communication was occurring here, and I have no reason to think the OP is retarded. Thus, Tom's isn't doing a good job of making the site usable to a large number of people using it.

It's usability and customer focus 101, but Tom's refused to even acknowledge an issue. Probably have the site development contracted out anyway, SDEs are expensive and I doubt Tom's has the budget to hire full time developers.