Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Toshiba Laptop will not charge

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 25, 2011 11:58:45 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite A505 and it will not charge. The battery is dead, I do not think any power is going to the laptop unless the connector in the laptop is loose, because it seems it is. And how do I go about checking if there is power go through the laptop with a volt meter. Please I need help with this. Thanks

More about : toshiba laptop charge

Best solution

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 26, 2011 1:53:43 AM

Presumably the Toshiba will run off the power supply okay. So either the battery has failed or the power circuitry on the computer which charges the battery has failed.

I have this problem with a Dell, but fortunately I have an identical second model and can charge the battery on that.

Best bet is a Toshiba dealer or a friend with the same series of Toshiba -- ask them to see if your battery will charge on one of their machine and if it doesn't, you'll know you need a new battery.
January 26, 2011 11:04:06 AM

Quote:
Presumably the Toshiba will run off the power supply okay. So either the battery has failed or the power circuitry on the computer which charges the battery has failed.

I have this problem with a Dell, but fortunately I have an identical second model and can charge the battery on that.

Best bet is a Toshiba dealer or a friend with the same series of Toshiba -- ask them to see if your battery will charge on one of their machine and if it doesn't, you'll know you need a new battery.

Thanks I did find the problem, it was the AC adapter. With a volt meter I found out I was not getting the 19v that should be coming out of the AC adapter, I was getting zero.
m
l
January 26, 2011 11:04:13 AM

Best answer selected by bartsarzy.
m
l
!