Take off Thermal Gunk from my CoolerMaster?

Cronie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
I have just got a CoolerMaster DP5-6H11 and plan to plop it on a Duron 750 with the goal of getting to 1Ghz.

Should I replace the pink compound that came with it with Arctic Silver? If so, will I gain much from the effort? (Note: I really don't want to have to do this if I don't have to.)

G

I didn't bother taking off the pink stuff on my CoolerMaster and haven't had any problems with the system yet. I'm not o/c it, so I couldn't tell you how well it works there. For reference

AMD 1.2 266FSB
IWill KK266 mobo

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Take off the stock goop and use the arctic silver if you've got it. If you don't have some arctic, the stock stuff will probably be ok, but I don't know about 1gig. We got my friend's duron 750 to about 960MHz without the arctic, so who knows. I run my 1.2TBird with arctic silver and the globalwin FOP38. at 1.33gig idle temp is reported as 86*F, after playing games 114*F. Thats with the case cover off though.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

WildRhino

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do yourself a favour and bin the Coolermaster if u gonna o/c. Try the Global Win FOP 38/CAK 38 if u can stand the noise or a ThermoEngine for less noise but also a bit lower performance

TRENDING THREADS