Sign in with
Your question

Best 3D 27" monitor

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
a b C Monitor
September 26, 2012 2:46:00 PM

What is the best 3D monitor, with a minimum size of 27" (My current size.. Going from big to smaller is impossible :p ).
But also what is cheapest? And what is worth the price?
My budget is around €300~€400 if it's possible, will it be worth it?
I'm using it for gaming and movies..
My GPU is Palit Jetstream GTX680 4GB in SLI.. It will be able to support 3D for sure, the rest of my PC is good enough as well.

More about : monitor

a c 132 C Monitor
September 26, 2012 7:12:30 PM

Given you have Nvidia, you'll want 3D Vision 2. At 27"s, the ASUS VG278H and ASUS VG278HE are probably your best choices. The latter does not come with the kit, which would need to be purchased separately, but it also supports 144hz and 72hz in 3D.
a b C Monitor
September 27, 2012 7:41:52 AM

Thanks for the information so far,
But can you be more specific with "the kit". Don't they come with glasses and HDMI 1.4 cables? Or do I need a whole other kind of kit, to make 3D work on my PC?
Related resources
a c 132 C Monitor
September 27, 2012 2:42:09 PM

kemperkipie said:
Thanks for the information so far,
But can you be more specific with "the kit". Don't they come with glasses and HDMI 1.4 cables? Or do I need a whole other kind of kit, to make 3D work on my PC?

The ASUS VG278H comes with the glasses and build in emitter. The ASUS VG278HE does not, which requires you to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit, which comes with glasses and emitter.
October 5, 2012 8:14:02 AM

bystander said:
The ASUS VG278H comes with the glasses and build in emitter. The ASUS VG278HE does not, which requires you to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Kit, which comes with glasses and emitter.

I am also looking to buy a LCD monitor that will support 3D, what specs do I need to look for, or what are your recommendations. I don't need anything more than 23 " but I would like a 19" to go with the 2 other 19" monitors I am using. I am running 2 gtx nvidia 465's in sli mode. I realize I need to buy a 3D kit and would not mind buying a monitor/3Dkit combo.
!