Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

27 Inch 120HZ IPS 2560 x 1440

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2012 6:42:55 PM

As the title says, I am looking to purchase a 27 Inch 2560 x 1440 120HZ IPS monitor in a couple months.

I am looking for one similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/Series-PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Mon... , but with 120HZ.

Never personally used 120HZ in gaming, so if it's not worth it let me know.
a b C Monitor
September 26, 2012 7:05:16 PM

There are no 120Hz IPS monitors, due to the nature of IPS panels (slower). 120Hz is only worth it if you play a lot of FPS games and think the added refresh will help. Also, you would need a card that can push a constant 120 fps minimum and a fast polling mouse (which looks like you have covered).
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 128 C Monitor
September 26, 2012 7:38:18 PM

sk1939 said:
There are no 120Hz IPS monitors, due to the nature of IPS panels (slower). 120Hz is only worth it if you play a lot of FPS games and think the added refresh will help. Also, you would need a card that can push a constant 120 fps minimum and a fast polling mouse (which looks like you have covered).


You'll notice a difference even if you don't have 120 FPS. It's quite noticeably smoother feeling and more responsive even at 80 FPS. That's the main advantage of the 120hz, is it lower latency and gives you a more responsive feel when playing. An IPS panel at 120hz, if one existed (there are some overclocked catlaps that do) would somewhat counteract the benefit of the higher refresh rate with a high response time.
Share
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2012 10:11:47 PM

bystander said:
You'll notice a difference even if you don't have 120 FPS. It's quite noticeably smoother feeling and more responsive even at 80 FPS. That's the main advantage of the 120hz, is it lower latency and gives you a more responsive feel when playing. An IPS panel at 120hz, if one existed (there are some overclocked catlaps that do) would somewhat counteract the benefit of the higher refresh rate with a high response time.



That's a tough call, on one hand I want higher resolution, and on the other hand 120hz sound great too. I play shooters a lot such as Battlefield and CS, so I will have to think about it.

I guess 1080p is fine for now, I might just go with this: http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VG278HE/
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 128 C Monitor
September 26, 2012 10:59:57 PM

edogawa said:
That's a tough call, on one hand I want higher resolution, and on the other hand 120hz sound great too. I play shooters a lot such as Battlefield and CS, so I will have to think about it.

I guess 1080p is fine for now, I might just go with this: http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VG278HE/


I wish I had that monitor instead of the one I have. 72hz in 3D would also be awesome.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 26, 2012 11:05:29 PM

Best answer selected by edogawa.
m
0
l
!