Sign in with
Your question

Random focusing out of windows

Last response: in Windows 7
January 13, 2013 9:48:43 PM

Hi, I recently started having a problem with my PC. It would randomly put focus on a window that I am not currently using. An example is if I have my browser out and I am playing a video on a seperate video player, the video would go out of full screen mode into maximized screen (minimize, exit button on the top right but still takes the full screen) and then it would bring up the browser as if I had clicked it on the taskbar.
This problem is trivial and I've dealt with it for several months but I need to rename a significant amount of files for work organization and it is now driving me insane. 8/10 times in the middle of renaming a file, it would just cut out of it, as if I clicked elsewhere. I've tried closing every other window and focus on one window, but it still happens with NO other windows open. I've literally gone on task manager and ended the process of every non-essential program and it still happens. Help me save my sanity and tell me there's some simple, obvious way to solve this.
a b $ Windows 7
January 13, 2013 11:46:12 PM

There are a couple things you can do because you have something causing the focus to shift:

1)Take a look at everything running and starting up when your computer does.

I would recommend using Autoruns.

Not sure what all those things are? Go to HERE for help with identifying those pesky startup items.

2) I would recommend running either MalwareBytes Anti-Malware or Super Anti-Spyware or even both.
m
l
!