Gateway One ZX4300-01e will not boot. Error Message: Reboot and select proper bo

msnicolefoster

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hello,

I am receiving an error message on my Gateway One ZX4300-01e. It continues to ask me to: Reboot and select proper boot device or insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key.

I bought this computer on ebay. it was a seller refurbished item and does not have a boot recovery disk. What are my options to fix this issue?

edgewood112358

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
It looks like you don't have an OS installed. Just for fun though, try rebooting the computer and manually selecting the Hard drive as the boot media (probs have to hit F12 to get to boot list). If that doesn't work you need to install an operating system on your hard drive using either a USB installer or CD. You have to pay to get windows, but if you want a workable free OS try Ubuntu. Just download the latest ISO image, burn it to a CD, and pop it in your DVD/CD drive. After that you should be able to just follow the installer, which is pretty self explanatory.

msnicolefoster

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013

When I press F12, It brings up a blue screen and asks for a CD / DVD: P1 - HL - DT - ST DVD RAM GT30N

msnicolefoster

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Quick Update: I just got in touch with the seller that I bought the computer from on ebay and he is going to send me a copy of the Windows 7 disk so I can try to fix the issue. Thanks for the replies that i did receive tonight!