Running Dark Age of Camelot in Wwindow

thaprofessor

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2001
Does anyone know how I can get DAoC to run in windowed mode? I hate the fact that it can only run full screen and as I was reading the Star Wars Galaxies FAQ, one of the questions was something about whether SWG will run in full screen only or not. Their response was that while it may reduce the chance of 3rd party programs being run, they won't force full screen only because any determined hacker can make it run windowed anyways. So I figure there's gotta be a way to make DAoC run windowed.

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don’t know if this will work for DAOC but would be worth a try. This is for Diablo II, it took me awhile to find so post back whether it works or not.

How can I run Diablo II in a window?
PC users, simply create a shortcut to Diablo II. Right click on the shortcut, select "Properties" and add -w at the end of the Target. (Example: Target: "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w) Mac users can press command+M to switch between windowed and full-screen mode.

Thx & Cya

<font color=green>1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4? 4.Nxe5?? Qg5 5.Nxf7 Qxg2 6.Rf1 Qxe4+ 7.Be2 Nf3#</font color=green>

thaprofessor

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2001
nope, didn't work. i just read some interviews with the developers too and they said they purposely made it so when you alt-tab and tried to task switch, it would shut down the game. i now know there is a program out there because a guildmate of mine has it, that make it run in window but i would still be curious as to how it makes it run in a window instead of full screen.

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dam. O-well DAOC sux anywise. I played it for about 5 months before I gave it up. Way too time consuming. They just kept nurfing the EXP to the point of grouping with people just a few levels different killed the EXP. Soloing was even more mind numbing fun The game was just way too much of a grind. Definitely not worth the 10 bucks a month.

<font color=green>1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Nd4? 4.Nxe5?? Qg5 5.Nxf7 Qxg2 6.Rf1 Qxe4+ 7.Be2 Nf3#</font color=green>

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yea I got some friends waiting for that one too. Hope it lives up to the hype.

Bardic

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001
My 6 months has finally run out on DAoC, waiting for all the others that are coming out. ShadowBane, SW Galaxies, Worlds of Warcraft, hopefully they will be pretty good.

If you want to run it windowed, you can search for DAoX, it is a program that lets you do that. Has to be updated every time they patch the game, but a lot of people use it.

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
this may be a dumb question to you guys but why would you want to run games in wondows instead of fullscreen? do you all just like to do other stuff while you play or is there something else?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
In the rest time while your blowing off perfectly good time just sittin on your arse doing nothing paying 10 bucks a month for crap, yes, people like to do other things=)

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

juicebykurt

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
ahhh... well that makes a lot of sense... i havent put more than a few hours into any of the mmorpgs. i plan on changing that when WoW comes out though... *drools*