W2K volume prob!!!

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
W2K, SB Live and Klipsch . . . Now that I'm using W2K I can barely turn down the volume so I won't wake the neighbors. I used to set the preamp on the speakers at 1/2 and then control it from the PC. I have to turn the preamp down to a 1/4 or less and the PC volume almost off. What is the deal???

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

G

sampe problem here. Its the SBlive and win2k. BTW, I have major sound issue (cutting out, popping, crackling etc.) when I use the liveware drivers for win2k. Seems to happen when I play games. The default win2k drivers work fine and don't cause this, but don't really support EAX. I can't believe creative hasn't come up with some proper drivers for their card after all this time. Its not like Win2k just came out...

G

Yes, yes, and yes. I have all the same hardware and all the same issues. The only thing that I can come up with that makes the sound clean is, set all of the software preamps lower than normal, 20-30%. Use the hardware amperage to provide the power. Other than that, happy crakling.

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't think this is just a SB issue. This is a problem on my Win2k desktop (that does have an SB Live), but it's also a problem on my Dell laptop....but only when I use the headphones. The built-in speakers are barely audible at a setting that causes my ears to bleed in headphones.

~Crapple0