Anyone finished gearhead?

Hi,

Gearhead 0.907 win/dos crashes for me evertime
i kill typhoon when entering the enemy fortress
(tried several times with 2 different chars).

I assume it could have to do with me ..ehm..
extending ... and compiling the game myself.
Unfortunately FPC debugger doesn't seem to
be of much use here.

Can someone assure that Typhoon can be killed
without crash with 0.907 win/dos with the
original binaries?

Well, I'm trying to finish it. :)

The bug you describe has just been fixed. It affects only the ASCII
version of the game, not the SDL version, and nobody in the dev group
has any good idea as to why. In both cases the values and datatypes
should be the same, yet one causes an arithmetic overflow error and the
other doesn't. I'll be making a new release very soon, possibly
tonight.

- Joseph Hewitt

Joe Hewitt wrote:
> Well, I'm trying to finish it. :)

LOL, and probably you are as successful in your attempts as me trying to
finish DoomRL ;-D.
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]

"Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
> Joe Hewitt wrote:
>> Well, I'm trying to finish it. :)
>
> LOL, and probably you are as successful in your attempts as me trying to
> finish DoomRL ;-D.

But surely there is always debug mode?

--
Glen
L:pyt E+++ T-- R+ P+++ D+ G+ F:*band !RL RLA-

Glen Wheeler wrote:
> "Kornel Kisielewicz" <kisielewicz@gazeta.pl> wrote in message
>
>>Joe Hewitt wrote:
>>
>>>Well, I'm trying to finish it. :)
>>
>>LOL, and probably you are as successful in your attempts as me trying to
>>finish DoomRL ;-D.
>
> But surely there is always debug mode?

But that doesn't count. If it would I would be the fastest person to
finish DoomRL:

Welcome to the Doom Rogue-Like...
<< presses F4 >>
You hear the sound of mechanical footsteps...
<< presses F6 >>
** ARMAGGEDON **! Congratulations! You defeated the Cyberdemon! Press
<Enter>

;-)

--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"Oh come on. We both know the truth about this game --
vapourware." -- Anathiel about GenRogue

Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
> << presses F4 >>
> << presses F6 >>
> ** ARMAGGEDON **! Congratulations! You defeated the Cyberdemon! Press
> <Enter>
>
> ;-)

Mhh... does DoomRL support macros? :-D

Andreas Koch wrote:
> Kornel Kisielewicz wrote:
>> << presses F4 >>
>> << presses F6 >>
>> ** ARMAGGEDON **! Congratulations! You defeated the Cyberdemon! Press
>> <Enter>
>> ;-)
>
> Mhh... does DoomRL support macros? :-D

Those are wizard keys (only when compiled with wizard mode)... but as
you ask... Yes :). DoomRL *does* support macros, as do all games using
the Valkyrie engine do. ;-)
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl) [http://chaos.magma-net.pl]
"If hackers will ever use virtual reality, it would show a bunch
of text terminals floating around them..." -- The Sheep

Joe Hewitt wrote:
> GearHead v0.908 has now been uploaded to
> http://gearhead.roguelikedevelopment.org along with compiled SDL
> versions for Windows, Linux, and FreeBSD.

Thanks a lot, finishing the game now works.
Just an idea : Maybe the loot from the final battle (which
is quite a lot) could/should be excluded from the victory
char dump ...

Andreas