monitor drivers wont install!!

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
well, this is frustrating... i just bought a 22" viewsonic monitor and the friggin drivers wont install. ive tried the ones that came with it and both from the web site. ive extracted them into a folder and pointed to it and still nothing. the install runs and it sys successful, but when i check device mgr the monitor has the ! through it... then it goes back to plug and play monitor. the error im getting is:error occured during the install of this device. the system cannot find the file specified. any ideas? im runnung it from the local admin acct.

....the crows seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
dont worry about the monitor driver, it does little more than put the model name in device manager.

my computer is so fast, it completes an endless loop in less than 4 seconds!

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
That reminded me to install my driver, I don’t know if it does anything special or not, but this is how I did it. I went to update threw Device Manger/Install from a list…/Don’t search. I will…./only plug and play was showing as compatible hardware/Have disk/and pointed it to the folder/OK

When you got that far did it say ok, and you’re sure the extracted files were in that folder, and not another folder in a folder. If so, and those are the right drivers, then I don’t know why it didn’t work.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
yeah, i did all that. part of the problem is they dont have an actual "driver" i can extract etc... its part of the damn executable. i used winzip to try to get the drivers out and got an error saying the data 1 and 2 folders couldnt be opened b/c of a crc error or something and they are before microsofts time or something like that.....

....the crows seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Getting a CRC error isn’t good. Apparently some thing was lost in the download. Just for the (peep) of it I went to viewsonic web site and downloaded a vs_winxp driver. It was a self extracting Application, 1.63 MB and I also had no problem with Extracting to another folder. Here’s where I went <A HREF="http://www.viewsonic.com/support/drivers.htm" target="_new">viewsonic</A> Hope this helps.

Hey Baby, want to play with my computer?