Solved

Appropriate response time setting for a Hanns-G HL272HPB 27"

So I bought this monitor...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254093

I bought it because it's a big fat 27 incher, and it boasts a 2ms response time. That's my problem, however. I don't know how to take advantage of the response time capability due to an ambiguous menu selection.

The only settings for response time are Minimum / Intermediate / Maximum. Which setting do I use to get 2ms?

Logic would dictate that "minimum" (the LEAST amount of time) would be the appropriate setting. I called Hanns-G tech support with this question, and none of them knew. I even got two different answers on two different calls.

Anyone here have experience with Hanns-G monitors and know the appropriate answer?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about appropriate response time setting hanns hl272hpb
  1. I don't understand, 2ms isn't something you can change. 2ms has to do with the Gray to Gray response time of the panel for light to dark transitions.
  2. So weird. Then what on earth is this "response time" setting in my monitor's menu? Bizarre.
  3. Best answer
    It could have to do with the input response time, or possibly another setting that possibly overdrives the monitor? I would try setting it to minimum and see what happens (if anything). Honestly I wouldn't sweat a few ms.
  4. Best answer selected by lukaspriest.
Ask a new question

Read More

Flat Panel Monitors Monitors Peripherals Product