What's the best 1440c900 19" monitor?

attacus

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
I was considering a dual monitor setup. My current monitor is a Hanns G HW191D 19" LCD 1440x900 75Hz with VGA/DVI input.

I've come up with 4 so far. Please add to or review this list:
Hanns G HL198DPB
Dell E1913
Samsung S19A200NW
Asus VS198D

I would prefer an LED monitor with vertical alignment panels, multiple inputs and some mobility like tilting so I can align it better with my monitor.

Solution
If your going for a dual-monitor setup, it's best to use as identical of a monitor as you can get, not only for physical appearance, but for similar LCD panel performance and screen sizing. That being said, go with the Samsung (for cost) or the Dell. The Asus is lacking in inputs since that was a criteria of yours.

sk1939

Distinguished
If your going for a dual-monitor setup, it's best to use as identical of a monitor as you can get, not only for physical appearance, but for similar LCD panel performance and screen sizing. That being said, go with the Samsung (for cost) or the Dell. The Asus is lacking in inputs since that was a criteria of yours.

Solution

attacus

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011

Thanks for the input. I was considering the Dell since they apparently make good monitors. How does the E1913 compare to the P1913? If the E is new and the P is refurbished, is the P the better option at the same price?

sk1939

Distinguished

The "P" stand for professional, and is Dell's way of saying "this is what large companies should use" versus the "E" which is targeted towards small - medium sized companies.

The differences are relatively minor; the "P" offers a 16:10 aspect ratio, DVI, VGA and DisplayPort connectivity (versus only VGA and DVI), tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment, and a built in USB hub. They both use the same display panel from what I can tell however, and according to the Dell rep the price difference is only about $20 per unit.