Hi all, I posted here a while ago about whether or not I should be looking for a new laptop or whether my current one is/will be good enough to keep, and was directed here by buwish.
1. What is your budget? £800
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? >16"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Currently on 1680x945 and looks good, but have nothing to compare it with
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Will stationary majority of time, but need to be able to cart it around for University
5. How much battery life do you need? 4+ hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Call of Duty, Guild Wars, Counter-Strike Source, World of Warcraft, Metal Gear Solid, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (those kind of genres) - High
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Watch movies
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320-500GB (have external hard drives for storing as well so no need to be too big)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. -
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as it will last without becoming intolerably slow
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Bluray preferable
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. -
13. What country do you live in? England
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Currently have the Acer Aspire 8930G
Hello Singing Mute;
The Acer Aspire 8930G comes in a wide variety of models and hardware.
Can you give more details on it's CPU and Video card? I've seen Core 2 Duo (many different versions, Core 2 Quad CPUs and a similar wide range of video cards. An example: Acer Aspire 8930G C2D T8400 and Geforce 9700M GT
Keep in mind that any laptop with enough graphics power to run games in High graphics is going to eat through battery power and push the battery time well below 4 hours with the standard battery.