What is a good group to find pre made roguelike games?

I've just discovered this group and remembered the fun I had playing Rogue, Angband and Temple of Apshai. Any groups where I might find similar ones that are available to the public?

More about what good group find made roguelike games
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    On Mon, 30 May 2005, BigMooch wrote:

    [lines way too long --- re-wrapped at 75 characters]

    > I've just discovered this group and remembered the fun I had playing
    > Rogue, Angband and Temple of Apshai. Any groups where I might find
    > similar ones that are available to the public?

    This is an excellent newsgroup for playtesting roguelikes, although
    a lot of the regulars here don't release their source code, only
    binaries (which /might/ be a problem if you're on a weird platform,
    or just like to read code). In recent months, roguelike releases here
    have included DoomRL, The Tombs, DiabloRL, and I think a new version
    of GearHead, and probably a lot more I wasn't paying attention to.
    When someone posts about a new release, there's usually a URL in the
    post where you can download the game.

    rec.games.roguelike.misc might get traffic related to more complete
    games; I don't read it so I don't know. Of course there are newsgroups
    for the individual popular RLs: r.g.r.nethack, r.g.r.angband, and so
    on; see what groups your service carries.

    Finally, try bouncing around Wikipedia and trying the external links,
    starting at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Roguelikes .

    HTH,
    -Arthur
    --
    http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~ajo/dont-be-evil.html
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Dnia Mon, 30 May 2005 14:17:04 -0400 (EDT),
    Arthur J. O'Dwyer napisal(a):

    > On Mon, 30 May 2005, BigMooch wrote:
    > This is an excellent newsgroup for playtesting roguelikes,
    I think you get more content and less noise on a moderated group
    dedicated to announcing finished (and half-finished) roguelikes,
    like rec.games.roguelike.announce

    --
    Radomir 'The Sheep' Dopieralski @**@_ Bee!
    (^^) 3

    The Sheep wrote:
    > Dnia Mon, 30 May 2005 14:17:04 -0400 (EDT),
    > Arthur J. O'Dwyer napisal(a):
    >
    >>On Mon, 30 May 2005, BigMooch wrote:
    >> This is an excellent newsgroup for playtesting roguelikes,
    >
    > I think you get more content and less noise on a moderated group
    > dedicated to announcing finished (and half-finished) roguelikes,
    > like rec.games.roguelike.announce

    or for more frequent discussions etc on many RLs

    Umm and BigMooch your reply to Arthur was sent as
    a new post!

    --
    ABCGi ---- (abcgi@yahoo.com) ---- http://codemonkey.sunsite.dk
    ..Hajo's H-World - RogueLike/RPG Engine SourceForge Project...

Development Games Video Games