Rogue - The Adventure Game

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 7, 2005 6:05:27 AM

I was browsing Automation CD's and on 79 I found something called
Rogue.
Hmm.. this can't be.. but it was! A commercial version of Rogue. Wow.
Also, later when reading Rogue's history revealed this. It's funny
how nice the graphical UI is. It has mouse walk, side inventory and
I was amazed to see the small hero sprite wielding a mace, if you
wield one.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif

More about : rogue adventure game

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 7, 2005 1:16:33 PM

Jakub Debski wrote:
> Do you have the executables?

Well, it's in A79. Automation was a famous pirate group on Atari ST..
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 7, 2005 1:23:10 PM

Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
> Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
> (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.

I noticed that, too. They aren't exactly the same graphics,
but the style is same. Maybe the artist for both tileset was the
same person?:)
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 7, 2005 3:47:58 PM

Dnia 7 Jun 2005 02:05:27 -0700, Krice napisa³(a):
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif

Do you have the executables?
I'll put it into Graveyard's hall of fame.

regards,
Jakub
--
"We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
xenocide.e-plan.pl - SF roguelike in development

Krice wrote:
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
(for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.

--
Simon Richard Clarkstone: s.r.cl?rkst?n?@durham.ac.uk/s?m?n.cl?rkst?n?@
hotmail.com ### "I have a spelling chequer / it came with my PC /

Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
> Krice wrote:
>
>> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
>> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
>> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
>
> Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
> (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.

Yes! Evil Epyx, I say... ehh... um. no.

;)

tormodh
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
June 8, 2005 1:05:12 AM

Saluton!

Krice <paulkp@mbnet.fi> wrote:
> Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
> > Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
> > (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.
> I noticed that, too. They aren't exactly the same graphics,
> but the style is same. Maybe the artist for both tileset was the
> same person?:)

Epyx's commercial & tile-graphical version of Rogue was
my first encounter with those games, back on my trusty
AMIGA 1000 ...

(The UI seems slightly different, though, I don't recall
a graphical inventory.)

Ad Astra!
JuL

--
Jürgen ,,JuL'' Lerch / It's uncool to be cool.
jynwyn@gmx.de /

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:47:58 GMT, Jakub Debski wrote

> Dnia 7 Jun 2005 02:05:27 -0700, Krice napisa³(a):
>> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
>> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
>> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
>
> Do you have the executables?
> I'll put it into Graveyard's hall of fame.

I found it here: http://www.geocities.com/crpg12/rogue.html
And some Emulators from here: http://www.emuxhaven.net/atarist.shtml

I'm pretty sure I've seen a Rogue clone with that tile set before,
somewhere else as well, but it didn't have a mouse interface. Couldn't
find it now. I think it could have been an older version of TileRogue, but
that now uses David E Gervais' tiles
(http://www.freewebs.com/drussell/TileRogue.htm).

--
Kostatus