Rogue - The Adventure Game

I was browsing Automation CD's and on 79 I found something called
Rogue.
Hmm.. this can't be.. but it was! A commercial version of Rogue. Wow.
Also, later when reading Rogue's history revealed this. It's funny
how nice the graphical UI is. It has mouse walk, side inventory and
I was amazed to see the small hero sprite wielding a mace, if you
wield one.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
7 answers Last reply
More about rogue adventure game
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Jakub Debski wrote:
    > Do you have the executables?

    Well, it's in A79. Automation was a famous pirate group on Atari ST..
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
    > Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
    > (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.

    I noticed that, too. They aren't exactly the same graphics,
    but the style is same. Maybe the artist for both tileset was the
    same person?:)
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Dnia 7 Jun 2005 02:05:27 -0700, Krice napisa³(a):
    > http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
    > http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
    > http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif

    Do you have the executables?
    I'll put it into Graveyard's hall of fame.

    regards,
    Jakub
    --
    "We're just toys in the hands of Xom"
    xenocide.e-plan.pl - SF roguelike in development

    Krice wrote:
    > http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
    > http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
    > http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
    Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
    (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.

    --
    Simon Richard Clarkstone: s.r.cl?rkst?n?@durham.ac.uk/s?m?n.cl?rkst?n?@
    hotmail.com ### "I have a spelling chequer / it came with my PC /

    Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
    > Krice wrote:
    >
    >> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
    >> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
    >> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
    >
    > Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
    > (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.

    Yes! Evil Epyx, I say... ehh... um. no.

    ;)

    tormodh
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.development (More info?)

    Saluton!

    Krice <paulkp@mbnet.fi> wrote:
    > Simon Richard Clarkstone wrote:
    > > Hmm, they look suspiciously like one of the NetHack graphical tilesets
    > > (for Windows). Someone is copying someone here, methinks.
    > I noticed that, too. They aren't exactly the same graphics,
    > but the style is same. Maybe the artist for both tileset was the
    > same person?:)

    Epyx's commercial & tile-graphical version of Rogue was
    my first encounter with those games, back on my trusty
    AMIGA 1000 ...

    (The UI seems slightly different, though, I don't recall
    a graphical inventory.)

    Ad Astra!
    JuL

    --
    Jürgen ,,JuL'' Lerch / It's uncool to be cool.
    jynwyn@gmx.de /

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 09:47:58 GMT, Jakub Debski wrote

    > Dnia 7 Jun 2005 02:05:27 -0700, Krice napisa³(a):
    >> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue1.gif
    >> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue2.gif
    >> http://koti.mbnet.fi/paulkp/temp/st_rogue3.gif
    >
    > Do you have the executables?
    > I'll put it into Graveyard's hall of fame.

    I found it here: http://www.geocities.com/crpg12/rogue.html
    And some Emulators from here: http://www.emuxhaven.net/atarist.shtml

    I'm pretty sure I've seen a Rogue clone with that tile set before,
    somewhere else as well, but it didn't have a mouse interface. Couldn't
    find it now. I think it could have been an older version of TileRogue, but
    that now uses David E Gervais' tiles
    (http://www.freewebs.com/drussell/TileRogue.htm).

    --
    Kostatus
    kostatus at ihug dot co dot nz

Development Games World Of Warcraft Video Games