Your question

GE20NU10 NO INSALL DISC

Tags:
  • LG
  • CD-Rom
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop General Discussion
January 30, 2011 7:39:39 AM

Hi everyone, i have borrowed a lg super multi GE20NU10 from a friend so that i can use the install cd for a hp photosmart 1218 printer to my computer, i have no cd for the lg and when i plug in the device it says that the device is not supported on windows 2000. I have windows xp.

More about : ge20nu10 insall disc

January 30, 2011 7:47:26 AM

oh and is there a download i can use to install lg rom?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 30, 2011 8:48:08 AM

Have a look on LG's support site a driver. These days all external drives use USB and mostly these don't need a driver.

So there may be some other problem -- possibly the real issue is that the device needs USB2 and your USB ports either don't support that or the chipset driver for it is not installed.
Related resources
January 30, 2011 9:04:16 AM

would i be best buying a new cd rom so that i can install the hp photosmart printer? im not very computer savy, all i want to do is get the printer installed so i can start using it, not even sure if the printer is compatable with my nc10? its stressing me out big time!
January 30, 2011 9:05:35 AM

and the lg is with a usb cable but also plugged into a power source, dont htink lg even sell the model anymore
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 30, 2011 1:10:49 PM

Why not download the printer driver on your friend's computer and transfer it to a USB stick to install on yours ? USB stick is more useful than a drive.

Cost of a new CD/DVD drive depends on what type of computer you have -- if it's desktop, installing a bare drive is pretty small, laptop and you're back with external drives which tend to cost twice as much.