Sign in with
Your question

GE20NU10 NO INSALL DISC

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
January 30, 2011 7:39:39 AM

Hi everyone, i have borrowed a lg super multi GE20NU10 from a friend so that i can use the install cd for a hp photosmart 1218 printer to my computer, i have no cd for the lg and when i plug in the device it says that the device is not supported on windows 2000. I have windows xp.

More about : ge20nu10 insall disc

January 30, 2011 7:47:26 AM

oh and is there a download i can use to install lg rom?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 30, 2011 8:48:08 AM

Have a look on LG's support site a driver. These days all external drives use USB and mostly these don't need a driver.

So there may be some other problem -- possibly the real issue is that the device needs USB2 and your USB ports either don't support that or the chipset driver for it is not installed.
January 30, 2011 9:04:16 AM

would i be best buying a new cd rom so that i can install the hp photosmart printer? im not very computer savy, all i want to do is get the printer installed so i can start using it, not even sure if the printer is compatable with my nc10? its stressing me out big time!
January 30, 2011 9:05:35 AM

and the lg is with a usb cable but also plugged into a power source, dont htink lg even sell the model anymore
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 30, 2011 1:10:49 PM

Why not download the printer driver on your friend's computer and transfer it to a USB stick to install on yours ? USB stick is more useful than a drive.

Cost of a new CD/DVD drive depends on what type of computer you have -- if it's desktop, installing a bare drive is pretty small, laptop and you're back with external drives which tend to cost twice as much.
!